View Full Version : Creating list of installed programs and version numbers on PPC

myrampar
01-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is software available that can either be installed on the PPC or run from the desktop that will list the programs and version numbers of the applications currently installed on your PPC?

I use a program on the desktop called Everest Home Edition and it provides a wealth of information about my desktop apps among other things. A link to that program can be found at http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

I always try to have the latest version of my main applications installed, but it is a bit tedious to open each program and choose About....

Thanks in advance for any advice!

buzzard
01-27-2005, 07:32 PM
That would be a useful tool, if it exists.

I made a list in ListPro and change the version each time I update a program. It's a lot easier than looking each program up on the PPC in order to see if the version that I'm running is the latest whenever I see a headline like "XXXXX offers update 1.23A".

drop
01-27-2005, 08:22 PM
For now, I use FlexWallet for the purpose of keeping track of versions and registration codes, etc. Yes, manually.

Something like Everest would be cool.

myrampar
01-27-2005, 09:47 PM
For now, I just have an Excel spreadsheet that I update regularly to keep track of the programs, versions and registration codes, etc.

I think it would also be nice if the version number were included in the filename when you download a program.

I periodically go to Handango and download programs that I have purchased in the past because they usually have the latest versions. However, I don't always know the program has been updated until I install it and check the version. Then I will manually rename the file I downloaded to keep things straight.

However, there's gotta be an easier way!

Thanks for the suggestions so far! :lol:

ctmagnus
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
I use ListPro as well but instead of version number, I have a field for the date of the last time I installed a given app.