View Full Version : Broke my Ipaq...can it be fixed?

thepro8
01-26-2005, 12:48 AM
My Ipaq is 8 months old. I accidently broke the LCD on it today. Do I have any options on getting my ipaq fixed?

Also does anyone know the exact brand and model LCD screen HP used on a Ipaq 2215? work for an electronics distributer and I may be able to get the LCD from them.

Darius Wey
01-26-2005, 01:00 AM
If the screen was damaged for reasons other than intentional or due to rough treatment, and the unit is still under warranty, you may be able to get HP to work on it for free. So you could give HP support a call.

Otherwise, another option is contacting Pocket PC Techs. (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/)

Mitch D
01-26-2005, 01:02 AM
My Ipaq is 8 months old. I accidently broke the LCD on it today. Do I have any options on getting my ipaq fixed?

Also does anyone know the exact brand and model LCD screen HP used on a Ipaq 2215? work for an electronics distributer and I may be able to get the LCD from them.

As far as I understand it the screen would be available from HP as a depot replaced part or through someone like Pocket PC Techs (ppctechs.com). Plus I have come across replacement parts on ebay.

ADBrown
01-26-2005, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't count on HP doing the work under warranty. They're famous for refusing warranty service based on technicalities or their interpretation of the what is and is not covered. You should check it out, of course, but given their rates you'll probably see a better deal from PPC Techs or somebody else.

Menneisyys
01-26-2005, 01:11 PM

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=I22-LCD01 - this is whay you're looking for.

ecard
01-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Last summer, I broke my 4150 LCD screen. HP charged me 199$CDN (~160$US) to replace the screen. Since they don't repare screen, they replace my unit for the price of the screen.

It took 1 day!! But, I leave in the same city than HP iPaq repare Dep. ;-)

Eric