View Full Version : Decuma OnSpot

kona88
01-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Has anyone been able to run Onspot on a VGA device? I have a new Axim x50v and I would love to be able to use it. Thanks in advance!

yankeejeep
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
I have missed Decuma OnSpot since updating from WM2003FE to SE. As far as I know, a VGA-aware version has not been released yet.

IowaArchitect
02-02-2005, 07:22 AM
When the site used to be www.decuma.com it noted at the very end....it wouldn't work with WM2003 Second Edition - I too, have a x50V and it would lock that bad boy up every time. I LOVED decuma on my Pre-Second Edition based PPC.

so....does the new edition of Deuma work on 2003 Second Edition, and more specifically on a Dell X50V?????

humayunl
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately as far as I know Decume doesnt work with WM2003SE devices. I upgraded my OS from 2003FE to SE and suddenly decuma stopped working.

Being a hardcore user, this was a big blow. However The people at decume made it worse by making sure not a single one of my support emails are answered.

Someone at PocketGear has been trying to help me in getting either a response from them or a refund for my purchase but even that effort seems to be dying slowly. If anyone knows anything about getting Decuma to work on SE, please let me know.

yankeejeep
02-02-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm another disappointed Decuma user who has had to forego my favorite input method in order to upgrade to SE. The new version is not SE or VGA compatible and because of that, I can't recommend them any longer. Too bad since it was by far the easiest handwriting input I've used on a PPC.

IowaArchitect
02-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Unfortunatley, the new owners of Decuma just e-mailed me today (Feb 2, 2005) and here is their response (not the most encouraging for everyone wiht a new PPC device out there):

Dear Dirk,

The update to support SE is unfortunately delayed. We regret to say
there is no date available at this point in time.

Best Regards
Zi Decuma Support

juni
02-03-2005, 07:05 AM
I missed Decuma too after upgrading, but on the plus side - I've gotten quite used to the letter recognizer again. :D

humayunl
02-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Dear Dirk,

The update to support SE is unfortunately delayed. We regret to say
there is no date available at this point in time.

Best Regards
Zi Decuma Support

I also got a similar response today :(

Is there another input application simiilar to decuma?

Darius Wey
02-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Is there another input application simiilar to decuma?

What are the similarities you're interested in? Is it the fact that you can preview the text first, or is it the handwriting recognition engine you're after?

humayunl
02-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Both... the recognition engine of decuma was very accurate. with almost no training, I seldom had to rewrite or edit my writing. it was almost natural.

and the preview text feature is also key because it gave me a chance to quickly review my input before it was 'submitted'.

To me decuma was the best combination of calligrapher & letter recognizer.

how can they just decide not to make a WM2003SE version... or at least not have any plans!!!!

sigh!

Jereboam
02-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Another Onspot fan here...ticked off that we have been left in the cold, but these things happen. I'm more disappointed that the innovation of Decuma's input method isn't going to be developed any further...

The lack of SE/VGA support finally prompted me to try Fitaly, especially since the latest version is enhanced for VGA devices, and I have to say I do like it. I recommend trying the demo for a while.

J'bm