View Full Version : Memory issues with Tasks program

TMann
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I've been having some difficulty with the Tasks program on my Dell x50v. Lately it has been giving me error messages in which it tells me that I have "run out of Program Memory" and that I need to shut down other programs. Tasks is the only program that does this, and the problem occurs even if no other programs are running. Weird...

I have been fairly careful with my program placement, so I currently have about 10 mb left in Storage Memory, and 17 mb left in Program Memory.

Any suggestions for how to fix this? Is there some data file for the Tasks program that might have gotten corrupted?

Thank in advance for any help.

TMann

Jason Dunn
01-25-2005, 12:43 AM
Yes, I suspect some corrupted tasks data that's causing the problem, though it's very strange and I haven't heard of it before. Try this:

1) Sync your Pocket PC
2) Set ActiveSync to NOT sync tasks
3) Un-dock your Pocket PC
4) Run scanpst.exe on your PST file (it will be on your hard drive, you may need to search for it)
5) Re-dock your Pocket PC
6) Re-enable Tasks sync

tgj1313
07-29-2005, 10:56 AM
I do have similar problem. I have a HX4700 and my main memory flutuates between 2.5MB to 4 MB and it affects the whole operations. Can anyone advise how to locate those unnecessary tasks to free up the main memeory?

Thanks in advance