View Full Version : H1940 headphones blues

klas77
01-23-2005, 03:23 PM
About two months ago I bought an H1940. I previously owned an H3850 and had no real complaints about it, so I decided to go for a similar (yet nowadays endlessly cheaper model).

What I failed to notice was that some clever guy at HP decided to put a 2.5 mm jack into the H1940. Having a 2.5mm jack would not be a real problem unless another clever guy :evil: decided to put the jack in an elaborate hole, which prevents people from using normal 2.5 - 3.5 mm adapters.

It took me 2 weeks to finally get an adapter thin enough to fit into my PDA. Still this is no perfect solution, as the adaptor doesn't provide a tight fit, so walking around with the PDA in my pocket keeps unplugging the adapter (ie headphones).

I would've bought HP BT headphones, but supposedly they don't work on H1940. I've also tried to find a proper HP adapter (oh, and my package didn't include an adapter!), but couldn't find any online or other stores that kept it. Help, anyone!?

Darius Wey
01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Just out of interest, where did you purchase your h1940? By default, if it's new and everything is meant to be in a box, you should have been given a 2.5mm-3.5mm audio adapter that works great with the unit. Look in the box to see if it's in there.

klas77
01-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Bought it directly from HP in Slovenia.

Checked and rechecked (and rechecked...) the contents of the box and trust me, it's not there.

Has anyone found one of those originals anywhere on the net? I really looked hard for it, but couldn't find it. I mean they're bound to sell some of those adapters for the people who lose the original ones...

Darius Wey
01-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Actually, unless the contents of the box is region-specific, you are entitled to your headphone adapter. I would contact HP and let them know you have a missing accessory. They should ship it out to you for free. In theory, you shouldn't be forced to pay extra for something you should have got from the start.

klas77
01-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Why didn't I think of that!?

:oops:

I hope they agree with you... :D

Darius Wey
01-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I hope they agree with you... :D

They should... If not, be firm about it. ;)