View Full Version : 2210 Scanlines Issue - Can anyone relate?

DLaurel
01-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can diagnose the following issue?

My Ipaq fell from my jacket about a metre to the ground, but when I turned it on, it was working just fine. As I was on my home from school, I was listening to some mp3s when all of the sudden my Ipaq just shut down. I tried to soft reset, but I was unsuccessful. Once I got home—saddened as heck—I took the battery out of the Ipaq and decided to let it alone for a while.

So the next day, I placed the battery back into the Ipaq, and who would of thunk it, but the Ipaq came back to life. Albeit a bastard version that's not up to par when fully functional.

Currently, the screen is very dim and is less vibrant than it was before and there are now white scanlines—very faint mind you and that of an old Zenith television set—throughout the whole screen.

So has anybody had this problem before? If you did, what exactly was the problem, and how did you get it repaired? Was the LCD screwed up, or were the cables connecting the screen to the motherboard loose? Anyway, if you can provide some insight, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading,
Dino Laurel

ctmagnus
01-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Is the 2210 still under warranty? I've seen the lesser-vibrancy issue and the only solution was to get a replacement unit.

If the unit is off warranty, your only hopes are to 1) buy a new iPaq, 2) live with the issue or 3) (I'm not sure if this would actually work) Get a Care Pack (aka extended warranty) for your iPaq and have it replaced under the new warranty. However if the original warranty is expired, you may not be able to get an extended warranty for it.