View Full Version : Diabetes monitoring software for the PPC ?? Is there a good app?

MTHall47
01-23-2005, 01:10 AM
I have software I like for my desktop, but was wondering about the possibility of a real good app designed for the PPC?

Darius Wey
01-23-2005, 03:53 AM
You could try SiDiary. (http://www.sidiary.org/sidiary/en/default.asp) It's free.

MTHall47
01-23-2005, 04:24 PM
As a general rule, can you print from software which has no desktop equivalent using just the app called Active Print? OR, do you also have
to have Bluetooth or something else first? The PPC I use is Dell Axim X5.

Thanks again.

Paragon
01-23-2005, 05:30 PM
There are a few. I'll try to hunt up the links for you later when I have a bit more time.

After trying many I found the simplest and easiest was to make an Excel form. It is easy to print, and very easy to share with you doctor.

Dave

Paragon
01-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, it seems there are a lot more choices in this category since the last itme I looked. :)

Here is what I found at Handango:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformSearch.jsp?optionId=1_2_2&jid=3B1193F5199BEDFB27XEEX81X9CEDDXB&platformId=2&siteId=1&txtSearch=diabetes

PDANEWBIE
01-24-2005, 09:57 PM
You know I have wondered why they don't bluetooth enable these Blood checking devices. My wife's unit has a memory and keeps a nice record but it sure would be nice if it was bluetooth enabled and able to be downloaded into a PPC or a laptop or even a desktop from some kind of referencing. On top of that I still am looking for a good Diabetic's Food menu for the PPC so my wife does not have to carry around her big stack of papers with her to every meal (what she uses to look up all the values equated to each type of food).

MacBriar
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
My father has type II diabetes and monitors his blood glucose levels every day, he has my old Toshiba E330 and uses Diabetes Pilot on it to keep a record of his readings. The program also can keep track of food intake etc and there is a desktop companion. The program can be found at

www.diabetespilot.com and there are versions for Palm, Pocket PC and PC.

Hope this helps.

Ewan