View Full Version : Personal Project Management Software

MTHall47
01-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi

Yep. Does seem like I never run out of questions.

I am trying to find a project management program for personal use.
Sort of like an extended to do list. What I want is something to help me keep track of all my major goals or projects and the incremental steps or tasks required to meet each one.

Ever get the feeling of being somewhat overwhelmed with too many irons in the fire and having a hard time keeping track of all the multiple ongoing projects??

Menneisyys
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi

Yep. Does seem like I never run out of questions.

I am trying to find a project management program for personal use.
Sort of like an extended to do list. What I want is something to help me keep track of all my major goals or projects and the incremental steps or tasks required to meet each one.

Ever get the feeling of being somewhat overwhelmed with too many irons in the fire and having a hard time keeping track of all the multiple ongoing projects??

There're tons of them. Enter 'project management' in Handango's search engine - I've got a list of at least 15 entries.

drop
01-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Here (http://www.mtekk.com.au/browse/page1011.html) is an review on Pocket Plan (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=5DFB1D6C5BAX379B4XX357DE13FX8482&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=34757&sectionId=0&posit=25&catalog=30&txtSearch=project).

I don't have Pocket Plan but put it in my "may-be" list because two-way synchronization is possible with MS Project.

BGinWA
01-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I have used Pocket Plan some and like it. The two way sync is great. I am trying to learn more about and better use Outllok 2003 with Franklin Covey Plan Plus for Outlook and Pocket Informant on my PPC.

Red Dog
02-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I have used Pocket Plan some and like it. The two way sync is great. I am trying to learn more about and better use Outllok 2003 with Franklin Covey Plan Plus for Outlook and Pocket Informant on my PPC.

I'm in the same boat,...but getting ready to dump PPlus. The daily record is VERY important, and on the PPC, the PPlus software does not allow you to do a search of it. You can search your desktop, ...but PPC is all about being away from your desktop!

Pocket Informant looks like a 99% decision right now. Needing to understand the 'Daily Record' (Journal) replacement options. PI has Journal Sync software that does the sync with Outlook, so that's a possiblity.
Red Dog