View Full Version : Ipaq 5550 volume

Gamercjm
01-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Is there anyway to turn up or boost the volume anymore? it isnt really that loud on max and when in a big group I can hardly hear from about 3 ft away.

Menneisyys
01-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Is there anyway to turn up or boost the volume anymore? it isnt really that loud on max and when in a big group I can hardly hear from about 3 ft away.

Unfortunately, volume- and frequency response-wise the 5450/5550 have one of the worst built-in speakers in the entire iPAQ line. There's not much you can do about it if you want alarms/reminders to be louder. However, if you want MP3's to be louder, you can look around for media players with volume overdriving functions. On the Palm platform, there's AeroPalyer, which nicely circumvents the Zire 71/original Tungstens' volume problem. There may be PPC-based media players with similar features too.

johnnydigit3l
01-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Menn is right, the speaker on this ipaq sucks. i dont know what purpose it is supposed to serve. adding external speakers or headphones is the only way to get any recognisable sonund from this device. its nice that they integrated a audio out for headphones, i imagine, just for that purpose.