View Full Version : Egress - problem if proxy is incorrectly set

isomaniac
01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Egress - problem if proxy is incorrectly set

I found that if I tell Egress to update the channels while I have INCORRECTLY set to use proxy, (because I need to use proxy to connect to the Internet while in office but I have to disable proxy while I am at home), Egress will apparently update the channels and THEN erase all existing channels data. So after all update, Egress will give me EMPTY channel list and NO headline at all!! No error message, no thing. I was shocked there to see all EMPTY things.

I think Egress should give an ERROR message if it CANNOT connect to the Internet and NOT to erase the existing headlines/channel list. So that I can go ahead to correct the Connection setting (to turn off the proxy) and then tell Egress to update the channels.

garishkernels
01-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Egress - problem if proxy is incorrectly set

I found that if I tell Egress to update the channels while I have INCORRECTLY set to use proxy, (because I need to use proxy to connect to the Internet while in office but I have to disable proxy while I am at home), Egress will apparently update the channels and THEN erase all existing channels data. So after all update, Egress will give me EMPTY channel list and NO headline at all!! No error message, no thing. I was shocked there to see all EMPTY things.

I think Egress should give an ERROR message if it CANNOT connect to the Internet and NOT to erase the existing headlines/channel list. So that I can go ahead to correct the Connection setting (to turn off the proxy) and then tell Egress to update the channels.

Could you provide some more information regarding your issue. If Egress is unable to connect, then the channels should simply not update and the properties panel will reflect that the last attempt to update the channels failed. Sounds more like a bug... Did you lose the channel subscriptions or did you lose the content of the channels? Was any error message displayed? Please, I would like to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Thanks.

-Karl