View Full Version : Any better calendar views out there ?

dibbs26
01-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Does anybody know of any bits of software that can display the info in calendar on my ppc any better. For example better week/day views ?
cheers

baker
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Take a look at...
Agenda Fusion
Pocket Informant
UltiPlanner
Super Calendar
Pocket Breeze (today plug-in)

twmiller
01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Agenda Fusion and Pocket Information are both very good products.

I had the same issues with the Outlook calander and task lists for the last couple of years. I have tried every freeware product I could find, but they all had issues - slow downs, lock ups, etc.

Just last month I upgraded to Pocket Information and Pocket Breeze (today plug-in). I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Good luck!

PhilH
01-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Agenda Fusion and Pocket Information are both very good products.

I had the same issues with the Outlook calander and task lists for the last couple of years. I have tried every freeware product I could find, but they all had issues - slow downs, lock ups, etc.

Just last month I upgraded to Pocket Information and Pocket Breeze (today plug-in). I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Good luck!

I've used Pocket Informant for a few years, but only just put on Pocket Breeze last week.

The two in combination are absolutely superb. Highly recommended.

applejosh
01-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Agreed. I use Pocket Informant and PocketBreeze. The two actually work very well in conjunction with each other. I've tried Agenda Fusion (and actually own the latest version), but for me Pocket Informant works best. Try each and see which one works better for you. (Pocket Breeze works with either, although I think it works a little better with PI because of the API's used.)

www.pocketinformant.com (Pocket Informant)
www.developerone.com (Agenda Fusion)
www.sbsh.net (Pocket Breeze - check out the forums, too)

Cheers!

dibbs26
01-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Ah thanks for the info guys...very kind. I am now a bit confused which to go for either fusion of pocket info. Could you also tell me what a today plug in is?

Cheers for the help

:)

PDANEWBIE
01-19-2005, 10:28 PM
A today plugin is something that is resident on the opening screen of your PPC when you first turn it on.

CTSLICK
01-20-2005, 05:17 AM
Ah thanks for the info guys...very kind. I am now a bit confused which to go for either fusion of pocket info.

Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant both have very rich feature sets. Personally I use Pocket Informant but the debate between the two pieces of software has been hammered out several times on these forums. In the end, it always ends up the same...take advantage of the free trials for both and see what you like. My advice is to install both at the same time and give it a try.

dibbs26
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Just a quick one really.....why have pocket breeze and pocket informant at the same time on your ppc........they seem to do the same job to me ? :?

PhilH
01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Just a quick one really.....why have pocket breeze and pocket informant at the same time on your ppc........they seem to do the same job to me ? :?

Just to comparethe two. When you've decided, get rid of the other one.

Personally, I'm quite shallow. I Prefer PI over AF becuase it looks much better.

CTSLICK
01-20-2005, 05:20 PM

True on the surface if you consider the information it can display but Pocket Informant offers far more in terms of functionality that allows you to manage that information.

maymaio
01-20-2005, 05:31 PM

Give it a try and you will understand. For me, PocketBreeze brings me the data I need right in front of me all the time. Probably one of the software I use the most.

DaViD_BRaNDoN
01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm using MohairSofa Calendar+ (freeware) available at http://www.mohairsofa.com/Default.aspx/document/10

csmith75
01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
I use Pocket Breeze and Agenda Fusion. I tried the trial of both Agenda and Pocket Informant and found Agenda better suited to my needs. I absolutely love Pocket Breeze! Worth every penny.

collegea
01-23-2005, 05:38 PM
I also use Calendar+ (freeware) by MohairSofa. Honestly, I think it is the best out there. I used Pocket Informant for a year and found it to be extremely buggy and very incompatible with the built in Calendar application. I suppose if you let Pocket Informant completely take over and over-ride the built in Calendar Application, it might work better. But I didn't want to do that.

Simple is better for me. That is the essence of a handheld. I don't go for over-bloated programs like Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion.

csmith75
01-24-2005, 04:40 AM
I also use Calendar+ (freeware) by MohairSofa. Honestly, I think it is the best out there. I used Pocket Informant for a year and found it to be extremely buggy and very incompatible with the built in Calendar application. I suppose if you let Pocket Informant completely take over and over-ride the built in Calendar Application, it might work better. But I didn't want to do that.

Simple is better for me. That is the essence of a handheld. I don't go for over-bloated programs like Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion.

I found Calendar+ way too simple. I think it's good if you don't have a lot of projects/tasks, but if you're a person with a lot of responsibilites to manage, it's a little too simple.

HexiumVII
01-25-2005, 02:43 AM
iambic really needs to port Agendus to the PPC, it looks so much nicer and simpler than the PPC stuff. Icons are nicer too, whats up with that? I thought PPC is suppose to be more powerful...

applejosh
01-25-2005, 04:57 AM
iambic really needs to port Agendus to the PPC, it looks so much nicer and simpler than the PPC stuff. Icons are nicer too, whats up with that? I thought PPC is suppose to be more powerful...

I could launch into a rant about the Agendus vs. DateBk debate. (I'm on the other side of the fence; so far I can't even see the fence.) But, I actually think Palm's 3rd party datebook replacements (OK, I'm only really thinking about DateBk) are better than anything the PPC has to offer. But the PPC does OK for how I use it, and I also get builtin wireless, more complete video/audio products, a today screen with boatloads of different plugins available, native pdf viewer, better handwriting recognition (Calligrapher), etc. Since I frequent coffee shops a lot, the wireless gets used a lot, and the solution offered by Palm was less than stellar. I also don't have to worry about the data mangler in the newer Palms. I've been in the Palm camp for quite some time. The T5 (with its somewhat broken data manager and weird memory configuration) was what broke the camel's back, and I picked up an rx3715 which I'm quite happy with. So even though the PPC is more powerful, it doesn't mean it's necessarily going to beat everything on the Palm platform. Taken as a whole, the PPC offers a lot of things the Palm does not. It only matters if you use those extra things.

But back on-topic. PocketBreeze is pretty darn purdy to look at, even considering the "looks" of Agendus. It coupled with Pocket Informant makes for a pretty powerful configuration that almost makes up for the lack of DateBk5 on the PPC. And the support/updates for Pocket Breeze is outstanding.

baker
01-25-2005, 05:14 AM
I use Pocket Informant with PocketBreeze as well. I used AF up until their v4.93 and then switched to PI. PI's features are rich.

With Pocketbreeze you can see your schedule, tasks or special events and still see and use the rest of your "desktop".

koppee1
01-25-2005, 01:52 PM
i use pocket informant with Pocket breeze. But I found a calendar that has most of the features anyone will probably need but is a lot simpler. It's called supercalendar. I forgot the link but a google search for "pocket pc supercalendar" will point you in the right direction :)

mrbascombe
02-13-2005, 06:07 AM
I've been usiing pocket informant for a couple of days on an i-mate jam and i love the look of it.
However it's slow..
I have made sure all other programs aren't running and it makes no difference.
My calendar is big (4 years of data I don't want to lose) so could that be it?
If so can I save the old appointments somewhere else and only load them if I need to search them?
Even a text file would be fine.
Anyone?

phritosan
02-13-2005, 07:12 AM
my outlook is step up to archive everything older than 3 months, i think it asks once a week. but i dont know how to go back and look at it. its prolly easy, but i never had a reason to try. and i have it all backed up to my flash drive (i think! lol)

Lex
02-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Just a quick one really.....why have pocket breeze and pocket informant at the same time on your ppc........they seem to do the same job to me ? :? You could delete Pocket Informant if you really liked Pocket Breeze, but PI has so many more features than the native calendar app (called Pocket Outlook). PB and PI really do work well together. I asked the same question and after a 2 hour trial paid for Pocket Breeze. I already had PI. PB gives you quick-glance access to your appointments and tasks from the Today screen, and the ability to edit or add new appointments or tasks from there as it links to PI, AF or POutlook. I also bought Contact Breeze (discounted if you own PB) and it adds a tab to PB and and provides for one-handed contact finding from the Today screen. Finally, when you have questions about PB, you get answers within minutes if Amit is awake, and he usually is. Unbelievable support for PB.

phritosan
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Ive never had support as good as Amit's. got a problem, he fixes it, got a suggestion, he uses it. great guy