View Full Version : Making WiFi automatically come on when docked

zoo99
01-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Is there any way to have the WiFi turn on automatically when the ppc is docked? I have an A730W and would like my weatherpanel to update when I dock it without having to manually turn on WiFi.

Thanks!

Sven Johannsen
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Doesn't it update over ActiveSync PassThrough when you stick it in the cradle?

zoo99
01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure. There is a small icon on the top right of the weatherpanel display. I thought it indicated if the weather was updated. It stays dark until I turn on the WiFi. I haven't set up anything related to ActiveSync passthrough. Is passthrough automatically established when ActiveSync is installed?

Sven Johannsen
01-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Is passthrough automatically established when ActiveSync is installed?

Should be. Dock it and see if you can use PIE to get to web sites. If so anything else that needs web access should be able to get out as well. Are there any options in weather panel that deal with checking for access? Pocket Weather has a whole screen dedicated to how the app is supposed to handle various connections.

If you can't get out with PIE, that could be several things. There is a checkbox in AS on one of the options screens to allow it, but it is on by default. If you have XP SP2, your firewall may be giving you problems. You do need to allow AS access to the internet.

zoo99
01-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Ok, the box was unchecked to allow network access for activesync. Thanks for the reminder. It works fine now :-).

Sven Johannsen
01-20-2005, 03:58 AM
Ok, the box was unchecked to allow network access for activesync. Thanks for the reminder. It works fine now :-).Cool