View Full Version : How do I get on Cingular waiting list for a Seimens x66?

woolygums
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
I have called Cingular about getting an sx66. They have a 30 day tryout period.

But, of course, they are out of the "Pocket PCs." They suggested I monitor their website. But the "Pocket PC" is not listed there even though they are selling them.

So what's to monitor?

There seems to be no "Contact Us" that works unless you are returning a phone.

Any ideas about how I can get on a list when the "Pocket PCs" are again available through Cingular?

I still may go for a PDA2K, but want to at least try an SX66 before making a final decision.

Thanks again
Bill

dMores
01-19-2005, 04:06 PM
"i" before "e" except after "c", or ...

nevermind. it's a german company name that doesn't follow english spelling rules.

it's sIEmens. i had to post it, since it appeared for the second time on this board.

just like it's wolfenstein and not wolfenstien ;)

as to your question ... i have no idea. please forgive this OT post.

Matt Kitchen
01-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Basically they want you to monitor what phones are available in your area through the website. As soon as a phone is available in your area it is posted to the website. So you just simply go to phones and then it might (if its not already cached) ask you to input a zip code and then it will bring up all of the phones available to you in your area. As soon as they are in stock, it will show up there.

woolygums
01-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Basically they want you to monitor what phones are available in your area through the website. As soon as a phone is available in your area it is posted to the website. So you just simply go to phones and then it might (if its not already cached) ask you to input a zip code and then it will bring up all of the phones available to you in your area. As soon as they are in stock, it will show up there.

Thanks Matt. I guess this makes sense from Cingular's standpoint..... no, wait it doesn't make sense. I don't uderstand why they don't have a sign-up sheet. something like: "We don't have one now, but we value you trying to be a customer and here is the Waiting List!"

Oh well, there are many things that I don't understand.

dMores, Thanks for the spelling lesson even though I don't understand "Cherman" :oops: :roll: :mrgreen: !!! I WILL try to be more careful.

asdrew
01-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I suggest calling all the local Cingular stores directly. Some here in Orlando had them when they were not listed on the website.

onesix18
01-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I ordered one yesterday from cingular and it's on its way to me. I have a fdx tracking # and everything. interestingly enough, i'm posting this from a treo 650.