View Full Version : Re: Seimens SX 66

dgrilli
01-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I just checked this PDA2K look alike but it looks like that it is lacking like no camera. They must of paid extra to eliminate the camera on the unit. Looks like the United States Wireless carriers are cheating us again here.

What's up with taking out the goodies and pulling a fast one on us here. I would go with the i-Mate PDA2K its a superior product.

Does anyone have any ideas why they would hamstrung this device before selling them here and the general public would not even know?

Am I missing something here?

ADBrown
01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
It's not really intended for the general public. It's first and foremost a business device, and business users often aren't allowed embedded cameras.

Matt Kitchen
01-19-2005, 04:59 AM
It's not really intended for the general public. It's first and foremost a business device, and business users often aren't allowed embedded cameras.

exactly, and they are supposedly releasing a second model that has the camera included for those that want one. But that might depend on what will transpire w/ Siemens' mobile division - hmmm...

ADBrown
01-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Siemens probably has very little to do with it. Aside from branding the device, they have nothing to do with it--it isn't designed, built, or tested by them, but rather by HTC.

Matt Kitchen
01-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Right, but you still can't stamp a name on something when the name no longer exists in that realm. Their mobile division is soon to be non-existent, i am just curious on to how it will all transpire. Obviously I am not saying that they will stop production of everything... but it will be interesting to watch.

My heart does go out to the possible 5000 jobs lost though...