View Full Version : GPS Speed Sentry

tchart
01-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Hi

I just wanted to introduce an application Ive been writing called "GPS Speed Sentry". I've been writing it for the past few months and its now 99% complete.

Bascically its a GPS enabled speed monitor/car computer. There are several displays which show different GPS related information but the main feature however is the speed monitoring. If you go over the user specified speed limit it gives you an audible warning!

Features include:

* 3 User specified speed limits
* Audible warings for over the speed limit and nearing speed limit
* Sounds can be customised by the user
* Units can be in imperial or metric
* Various information displays
* Large buttons which allow easy changing of display/speed limit (using your finger or stylus)
* Day/Night colour schemes

Displays include;
* Current Speed in really large font (in knots, mph or km/hr)
* A compass view which shows bearing and direction
* Speed graph (also shows limit)
* Elevation graph
* Current coordinates & elevation
* A status screen showing number of satelites, UTC time. Local Time etc

Im looking for some testers before releasing on Handango/PocketGear. The testers will recieve free serial numbers for there troubles. Anyone with a GPS and a Pocket PC who is interested let me know (just PM me with your email address).

Cheers
Tchart

PS you can see some screenshots here http://www.abfnet.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5787

imac9556
02-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi,
I'm very interested in trying out and testing your software. I have a pocket pc with a GPS locator to beta test your software out. I'm looking forward to help with the testing.
Thanks,
Paul
ptung07@(NOSPAM)sbcglobal.net (remove the "(NOSPAM)" part)

tungtied07
02-15-2005, 02:37 AM
**Sorry, I posted it with my old user ID, same email address though**

Hi,
I'm very interested in trying out and testing your software. I have a pocket pc with a GPS locator to beta test your software out. I'm looking forward to help with the testing.
Thanks,
Paul
ptung07@(NOSPAM)sbcglobal.net (remove the "(NOSPAM)" part)