View Full Version : h1940 screen contrast

flagmaster
01-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi yo'all.
I have a HP1940 that the screen is very bright.Ive altered the backlight and soft & hard resets.It is as if the contrast's too high but this cannot be altered..??? can it.? After a soft reset the screen is perfect for a few seconds then it brightens right up.

Any ideas.?

Menneisyys
01-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi yo'all.
I have a HP1940 that the screen is very bright.Ive altered the backlight and soft & hard resets.It is as if the contrast's too high but this cannot be altered..??? can it.? After a soft reset the screen is perfect for a few seconds then it brightens right up.

Any ideas.?

Do you speak of the contrast or the brightness? Very few TFT devices have alterable (even hidden) contrast settings - only the Dell Axim x50v (see http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35316 ). Only STN and transmissive devices (e.g., the old Casiopeia's) had cntrast setting.

flagmaster
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I used the term contrast because that is how the screen appears to be over bright. The backlight control of the H1940 dims the screen appearance but the problem is that the screen seems to go to an extreme white effect.
The colours are vivid when first switched on but this changes after a few seconds.

:?:

Menneisyys
01-18-2005, 06:40 PM
The colours are vivid when first switched on but this changes after a few seconds.

Strange, I haven't ever seen a TFT screen producing this. (It's, however, very common with STN screens.) Can you make a short video clip of this?

flagmaster
01-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Ill try.!

Thanks. :)