View Full Version : looking for an intro course into keeping a 'journal' on ppc

phritosan
01-17-2005, 02:28 AM
ive seen many posts etc about journalling, but im not sure of its uses. can someone explain to me why they use it, what it does for them, and what program they use?

thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

JohnJohn
01-17-2005, 03:00 AM
I use Pocket Informant and just make an all "Day Event". Then I repeat it for 30-45 days. I have two jobs that keep me communicating all day, so it lets me note verbal conversations with customers. I usually hit the "date and time" stamp before each entry. This way it syncs with Outlook and also gives me all the search features of Outlook.

Probably not the fanciest way to do it, but it works for me.

Ripper014
01-17-2005, 03:48 AM
I don't know if it is the best... but I really like JournalPro... it is still missing in features... but overall I like it. Basically it is like a diary... each day has its own entry... the program can skipover days that don't have entries. It allows you to track when something was done...

jimski
01-17-2005, 06:34 AM
I use CLC Journal to sync directly with the Journal in Outlook (desktop). I keep track of daily activities, conversations, highlights, etc. (what I would have written on a Franklin Planner page in years past). The search function in Outlook Journal and CLC Journal work great. Can't tell you how many times I have searched and found reference to a conversation I might have had 3 or 4 months ago.

I also use Journal Pro for ongoing projects. With its desktop companion you enter and sync info on desktop or PPC. This app allows for multiple separate files and then separate folders within each file. For example, as a member of our IT Team, I keep track of regularly schedule meeting notes (one folder) and then also separate short term initiatives or projects (different folders). As the previous poster stated, the application is still pretty basic and lacks some frills, but it does what it does well and also has a good search function.

I probably use these two applications as much or nearly as much as I use Agenda Fusion so they are pretty valuable to me.