View Full Version : Active Sync -- problems with not staying connected

MTHall47
01-15-2005, 02:46 AM
I keep my Dell Axim X5 in the cradle. When first turn on the desktop the Active Sync acts fine and has no problems. However, if I am on the computer more than about 1/2 hour, then active sync seems to believe the PPC is no longer connected. Then I have to take it out of the cradle, then put in back in the cradle before Active Sync "knows" it is really is connected.

Is this a common problem??

Any ideas??

Thanks.

applejosh
01-15-2005, 04:49 AM
I had this problem with my new iPAQ, and I managed to trace it to the journal sync app by WebIS. Since I never really used it, it was an easy choice to uninstall it. Do you have any apps which actively try to use the connection for anything? (eg. something that tries to access the Internet or a third party program with a conduit.)

MTHall47
01-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Good idea. I don't think I have any apps trying to access something.

I have the following installed:
Pocket Breeze
Agenda Fusion
Pocket Mechanic
MemMaid

ianbennett
01-15-2005, 03:05 PM
applejosh, you finally solved my long-standing AS problem! I have been having real trouble getting a proper AS connection for months now. After reading your post, I uninstalled my Dose A Day Dilbert (which had expired a couple of weeks ago anyway) and AS is working fine now, over both USB and WiFi. I shall think twice now about installing anything else that has its own conduit. I guess, when I think about it I must have been having problems for about a year :wink: I just never associated the two things together. Many thanks :D :D :D

digdoug_2000
01-15-2005, 03:39 PM
All,
I am new to the forum. I am having trouble installing the latest version of AS on my laptop. The error received is copy error -1 in association with mceusbsh.cat. Any suggestions

applejosh
01-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Good idea. I don't think I have any apps trying to access something.

I have the following installed:
Pocket Breeze
Agenda Fusion
Pocket Mechanic
MemMaid

I don't think those apps access anything via ActiveSync. I'd look at weather / news / RSS plugins before any of those. Is your cradle plugged directly into the computer, or our you using a USB hub?

applejosh
01-15-2005, 04:55 PM
All,
I am new to the forum. I am having trouble installing the latest version of AS on my laptop. The error received is copy error -1 in association with mceusbsh.cat. Any suggestions

Just the normal suggestions of rebooting and re-downloading. I'd also keep the PPC out of the cradle (disconnected) while installing it.

ctmagnus
01-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Has anyone seen this on a standalone (ie, not connected to an Exchange server) desktop PC?

You've got the Pocket PC in the cradle and everything is syncing fine. ActiveSync suddenly disconnects for no reason. You turn the Pocket PC off and back on, or remove it from the cradle and recradle it. When synching is done you get an error saying "One or more items cannot be synchronized" and for whatever stupid reason, Exchange Sync is enabled for the item type that cannot be synchronized.

:confused totally:

Robrecht
01-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I keep my Dell Axim X5 in the cradle. When first turn on the desktop the Active Sync acts fine and has no problems. However, if I am on the computer more than about 1/2 hour, then active sync seems to believe the PPC is no longer connected. Then I have to take it out of the cradle, then put in back in the cradle before Active Sync "knows" it is really is connected.

Is this a common problem??

Any ideas??

Thanks.I was having similar problems when my x50v was new (no other software installed). I used to turn off AptoSink during the day just because I was used to Palm units syncing manually. Then I installed AS 3.8 and let it stay on and sync continually the way it wanted to and haven't had any problems since.

Good luck!