View Full Version : bluetooth keyboard

ckufta
01-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I try to use the x50v with the compatible bluetooth keyboard, hoewver, for some reason, the keyboard just turns off occasionally and in order to re establish the connection, I have to reset the ppc and then go through the stetup procedure. This also happens after three minutes when the keyboard naturally shuts itself off. Although I know that this component is normal, its frustrating that I have to reset and then go through the setup process again in order to re establish the connection. Any suggestions?

Tracy Daubenspeck
01-19-2005, 06:01 AM
I haven't spent a whole lot of time with the Dell keyboard, but the manual says that if you set up a secure connection you only need to press a key to wake the connection up. I set mine up that way and it seems to be behaving per the manual. I did install the "experimental" Widcomm software. So I don't have a pristine Dell install to work with.

Menneisyys
01-19-2005, 04:07 PM
the manual says that if you set up a secure connection you only need to press a key to wake the connection up

Not even secure connection is needed for that - plain, non-secure connections will also work.

Menneisyys
01-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I try to use the x50v with the compatible bluetooth keyboard, hoewver, for some reason, the keyboard just turns off occasionally and in order to re establish the connection, I have to reset the ppc and then go through the stetup procedure. This also happens after three minutes when the keyboard naturally shuts itself off. Although I know that this component is normal, its frustrating that I have to reset and then go through the setup process again in order to re establish the connection. Any suggestions?

Try installing the latest (4.1) version of the keyboard driver. On the CD, only 3.x comes. 4.1 is far better.

ckufta
01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm going to do that. Problem is that one of the keys on the keyboard is stuck. The "u" key gets jammed when I close the device and it just stays down there. I now have to contact dell to get a replacement.

Thanks for the input though, I will do that right away.

Menneisyys
01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
BTW, here's the link for the latest (4.1) driver version: http://thinkoutside.com/support/index.asp?p=btk&o=ppc&l=en&t=dr

bmurphy
01-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I have been having the same problem with the Dell bluetooth keyboard. I managed to set up the connection the first time, and then when I thought about something... it dropped out and now I get an message when I try to reconnect, the wizard finds the thinkoutside keyboard, but says it doesn't have any usable services.No matter how I tap around, it won't see the keyboard. My solution is to forget about a wireless keyboard, and go back to the stow-away wired one. So the BT keyboard is going back tomorrow. But Dell tech says that there is something wrong with the BT hardware and they are replacing the unit as well. (I've been getting" license expired" messages when I turn on the BT)(and "unrecognizable card in socket 2)
If anyone has a great keyboard for the Axim x50v I'd love to hear about it. I can't get one from Dell, they don't have any... and I find myself lost without a keyboard, so want to find one quickly.