View Full Version : Notification Error?

shanafme
01-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Not sure if this the right forum to post to or not, but I'm having a little problem with my iPaq 5455. Everytime I turn it on, I get this error message:

Notification Error
Cannot execute \Storage Card\Skyper Ltd. Skype for PocketPC bet 0.9\Skype.exe

Now I'm sure that its running something akin to an autoexec.bat file in the old computer days, but I can't seem to find where the file is to edit it. I uninstalled Skype several months ago and have been having the problem ever since.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks!

-Mike

Menneisyys
01-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Not sure if this the right forum to post to or not, but I'm having a little problem with my iPaq 5455. Everytime I turn it on, I get this error message:

Notification Error
Cannot execute \Storage Card\Skyper Ltd. Skype for PocketPC bet 0.9\Skype.exe

Now I'm sure that its running something akin to an autoexec.bat file in the old computer days, but I can't seem to find where the file is to edit it. I uninstalled Skype several months ago and have been having the problem ever since.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks!

-Mike

Problems like this come from invalid entries in the DB_notify_events WinCE database. You can correct this by hand (if reinstalling & uninstalling Skype doesn't cure it):

1, get Pocket dbExplorer from http://www.phatware.com/hpcdbex.html
2, install and run
3, go to DB_notify_events
4, go to the last entry of the list on the lower half of the screen - the 2nd "TEXT" entry. You'll see the EXE name in the upper half of the screen.
5, press the right arrow until you see a link to Skype.exe.
6, press AT THIS RECORD the Delete button.

shanafme
01-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help.

apprentice
04-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem (only with iliumsoftware eWallet)

Took your advice and followed the steps above and I too am rid of this annoyance.

Thanks very much friend.

Menneisyys
04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem (only with iliumsoftware eWallet)

Took your advice and followed the steps above and I too am rid of this annoyance.

Thanks very much friend.

You're welcome :)

BTW, eWallet seems to be generally affected by this problem. See for example http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36843

kranjan
05-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I could not get this to work. When I installed PocketDB explorer the ONLY database which showed up was the MSN Contacts one. I did not even see the DB_notify_events database. I uninstalled PocketDB explorer and reinstalled but still no change, only MSN contacts showed up. Can you help me please?

Menneisyys
05-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I could not get this to work. When I installed PocketDB explorer the ONLY database which showed up was the MSN Contacts one. I did not even see the DB_notify_events database. I uninstalled PocketDB explorer and reinstalled but still no change, only MSN contacts showed up. Can you help me please?

Unfortunately, the above (aged) method only works with pre-WM5 operating systems. With WM5+, use for example SKTools 3+.

kranjan
05-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Actually I have found an even better solution than using either SK Tools or PocketDB Explorer, the best part about it is that the tool is 100% Freeware. It's designed specifically to deal with this notification error and remove it, and it's dead simple to use. You can download the tool here http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_software.html, scroll down to the bottom where it's freeware and the name of the app is "Check Notifications & Clear Notify" - how appropraite. Once you download and install (If you are using WM5 or later you may get an error saying it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile, but it worked fine for me). Once it loads find the .exe in the list which is annoying you and delete it. DONE. Dead simple, Free, can't aruge with that!