View Full Version : Am I inviting disaster by removing some software apps??

MTHall47
01-11-2005, 12:41 AM
The reason I'm asking this is because in the past I have learned the hard and painful way with my desktop system. I deleted some stuff on my desktop that I thought was not needed and it messed things up!!

Now I want to delete some stuff from my Dell Axim X5 that came with the Dell Pocket PC 2003 install disk. For example, I want to delete the following:
Inbox
IE Explorer (I don't read email or web surf with the X5)
Pocket MSN
Pictures ( I want to get Resco Pic Viewer)

Just trying to fee up more main memory.

Jason Dunn
01-11-2005, 12:43 AM
All of the apps you've listed are in the non-user-accesible part of the Flash ROM, meaning you can't delete them even if you wanted to. But the up side is that they're not taking up space. ;-)

MTHall47
01-11-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm kind of glad in a way. At least now I don't have to worry about messing something up.

One more ? please.

If I use MS Word on my desktop, then send a document to my PPC and store it on the CF card, is there some reason why I can't seem to open it by clicking on Pocket Word? Or am I just not doing it right?

Paul Martin
01-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Pocket Word is looking for documents in a My Documents folder. So, creat a \My Documents folder on your flash card, put your document in there and it should show up just fine.