View Full Version : How to Copy random mp3s to my SD Card?

DrDrew
01-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know of an application that will copy a set amount of random mp3s to my SD Card in my Dell Axim on a schedule? For example, I could set it to copy 200 Megs of random mp3s from f:\mp3s (and all subfolders) and these would copy every day at say, 7 am. This would save me the trouble of deleting mp3s and deciding which ones I want to put on it every morning. (Note that I would like this so I can keep using my 256 meg card, rather than investing in a much bigger one)

Let me know if you know of an application or another way to do this automatically. Thanks!

msprague
01-11-2005, 02:37 AM
dbSched (http://bleucanard.mark1hosting.net/dbSched.htm) may be just what you are looking for.
Note this feature:
Schedule by file size + Export scheduled mp3 files into folder.
These two options are useful with a portable mp3 player : you can create a folder which will exactly fit the amount of ram on your player (32MB, 256MB, etc...)

I have not used it myself, but it looks interesting.

David Prahl
01-12-2005, 05:24 AM
The new version of iTunes is designed to do this with the new iPod shuffle, I doubt you could get it to work to an SD card, though. :(

DrDrew
01-12-2005, 11:08 PM
I tried that dbSched and was unable to get it to recognize my PDA. It only appears to recognizes things that get mapped to a drive. (my iPod, USB Key, CD-RW drive, and network drives.....pretty much EVERYTHING but the thing I need to access) :) Oh well. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pat Logsdon
01-12-2005, 11:38 PM
My guess is that dbSched would work if you put your SD card in a card reader instead of your PDA. Windows will recognize the card as a drive, and the prog should be able to write to it.

msprague
01-14-2005, 01:50 PM
If you must keep your SD Card in your Pocket PC then you could use dbSched to a local directory on your harddrive and then use something like MobSync (http://www.interq.or.jp/punk/doino/home/software.htm) to sync that directory to your SD Card in your device through the ActiveSync connection.
MobSync allows you to set up either one-way or two-way sync to your SD Card. For this mp3 copy scenario you would use the option "Files on CE made the same as Files on PC".