View Full Version : WEP / WAP settings not being saved on 5555

timcolling
01-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi -

I have an Ipaq 5555. It used to remember my WEP key and preferred WAP just fine. That is, when I was at home, when I turned on the WiFi feature it would remember that I had most recently connected to the WAP at my home, not one of my neighbors' WAPs, and it somehow "remembered" my WEP key, so that I didn't have to re-type the key every time the unit turned on.

Now, it is not remembering either the key nor my last WAP choice. It is almost as though there is a file or reg key somewhehere that has become corrupted and that can no longer store the WEP key.

The most recent changes I made to my 5555 were to install PocketRSS and Egress. I have removed both, but that has not solved the problem.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this short of hard-resetting and re-installing all the programs that I use on my 5555?

Thanks,
Tim

timcolling
01-12-2005, 06:27 AM
The end of the story:
I gave up & restored from a prior Sprite Backup, and that solved the problem. I finally decided to take this step after I researched this question on HP's customer support forums. What I saw there convinced me that many customers have reported similar problems and HP has never responded to any of them.

- Tim