View Full Version : Default recording files to sd card

Catfish2939
01-09-2005, 04:38 PM
I have an Axim X5 with a 128mb sd card. When recording it defaults the file to main memory and I have to move it to the sd card. Is there a way to get the files to automatically store on the sd card. I have tried to figure out how to change the preferences, but can't seem to do it.

Thanks

Shaun Stuart
01-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Assuming you mean voice recordings try the following.

Open the notes programme on your pocket pc - this is the programme that both handwritten and voice recorded notes are filed.

Choose the Tools, Options menu from the bottom of the screen. This screen will give you a "save to" option (3rd box down). By default it is set to main memory but you can change this to memory card here (providing you have a memory card installed)

I dont have the X5 bith this has worked on every ppc I have owned - so hopefully will do the trick.

Darius Wey
01-10-2005, 04:10 AM
Open the notes programme on your pocket pc - this is the programme that both handwritten and voice recorded notes are filed. Choose the Tools, Options menu from the bottom of the screen. This screen will give you a "save to" option (3rd box down). By default it is set to main memory but you can change this to memory card here (providing you have a memory card installed).

Shaun, this option doesn't exist by default. The functionality you're referring to is present in NoteM, not in the default Notes program.

Catfish2939, you can download NoteM here. (http://www.zavorine.net/wince/mp3.htm)

Shaun Stuart
01-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Open the notes programme on your pocket pc - this is the programme that both handwritten and voice recorded notes are filed. Choose the Tools, Options menu from the bottom of the screen. This screen will give you a "save to" option (3rd box down). By default it is set to main memory but you can change this to memory card here (providing you have a memory card installed).

Shaun, this option doesn't exist by default. The functionality you're referring to is present in NoteM, not in the default Notes program.

Catfish2939, you can download NoteM here. (http://www.zavorine.net/wince/mp3.htm)

That interesting Darius - this option exists on my standard notes programme on my pda2k - I didnt think there would be a difference between the standard notes programme from one ppc to the next.

Dave Beauvais
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
That option is present in most of the built-in apps -- Word, Excel, Notes, etc. I remember seeing it in PPC 2002, WM2003, and it's in WM2003SE, also. To set it, you have to be at the file listing without a file open. (The Tools menu is different when you actually have a file open.)

Menneisyys
01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
That option is present in most of the built-in apps -- Word, Excel, Notes, etc. I remember seeing it in PPC 2002, WM2003, and it's in WM2003SE, also. To set it, you have to be at the file listing without a file open. (The Tools menu is different when you actually have a file open.)

Just checked on my E-125 - even PPC2k machines had it.

Darius Wey
01-11-2005, 04:21 AM

Yeah, they do. I was thinking of the Tools menu while an actual file is open. :oops: But NoteM does allow for greater customisation.