View Full Version : touch screen not working on dell axim x30

nickdlaydsman
01-09-2005, 05:45 AM
my touch screen and speaker on my dell axim x30 do not always work. the pocket pc is not frozen because when i hit one of the buttons, it goes to windows media player if i hit the correct button. the sound of the speaker sounds normal sometimes, but then the audio i am playing goes away and all i can hear is crackling. i do not know how this happened, i did not drop my pc or anything...thank you

Sven Johannsen
01-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Call Dell tech support...but, I can assure you they will likely want you to hard reset the device to preclude any software issues, or possibly a nasty corruption. So, I would make sure you have all your data backed up somehow. Good Outlook sync, copy your fiiles out of RAM onto the PC, etc. Maybe do a backup.

You can try a regular hard reset, hold the power button and push reset. You get a menu to continue or cancel. Continue puts you back to factory fresh...most of the time. I had (actually still have) a 4155, that just went nuts on me. Screen wasn't responsive, couldn't align it, etc. Hard reset didn't fix it. I pulled the battery and let it sit overnight..it was absolutely drained. Put the battery back, rebuilt it and it's been fine since. So, you might consider that.

If that hard reset/sit overnight doesn't fix it, call Tech Support. You can tell them what you've already done and save some time.

Good luck.

nickdlaydsman
01-09-2005, 07:43 PM
i tried both of those already.......i let it sit for 2 or 3 nights straight with no battery... and i did 2 hard resets and it still doesnt work thank you for your help though

karen
01-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Check to see if there is anything stuck just under the edge of the screen, such as a hair or dust. If there's something there, it is putting pressure on that spot, making other taps useless.

Karen

nickdlaydsman
01-09-2005, 09:11 PM
how do i do that? it sounds like a good idea... but the speaker doesnt work when the screen doesnt work/...

Sven Johannsen
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I think you are up to the call Dell. If it's still within the year warranty, it won't take them too long to decide to ship you another one, and you put yours in the box it came in, and ship it back. Pretty painless really.