View Full Version : Data and Images transfered from main memory to CF card--How?

MTHall47
01-09-2005, 03:55 AM
I realize it must seem like I never run out of questions, but here is one more.

Finally have a CF card installed. Want to take all data and images from main memory and store them on the CF card but not sure how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much

Menneisyys
01-09-2005, 09:45 AM
I realize it must seem like I never run out of questions, but here is one more.

Finally have a CF card installed. Want to take all data and images from main memory and store them on the CF card but not sure how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much

You can transfer your images to the CF card by simply moving them in, for example, the built-in Pocket File Explorer, FE. (NB. FE is very slow at writing to cars. You'll need to install either Resco File Explorer or the free Total Commander, http://ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm , for speedy transfer). Most decent image viewers (Spb Imageer, Resco, but even the built-in Pictures) ar capable of reading off cards.

As far as other, non-image data are concerned, you can move most of your \My Documents textual and similar data to a card too, preferably in a \My Documents directory there (you don't have to move them there - you can put them in the root of the card too). Be warned, however, that not all programs will access them. The built-in applications (e.g. Pocket Word) will do.