View Full Version : Can't find SpamFilter on my Samsung i700

LynnPritchard
01-08-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a mystery on my Samsung i700. For reasons which probably don't bear delving into, I deliberately deleted my Pocket PC Spam Filter software from my PDA. I later decided to re-download it and did so, to my storage card. After the download process, I could not find the program in my Programs file (it used to show up on my Today screen), so I downloaded it a second time. The PDA screen pointed out that I had already downloaded the program and asked if I wanted to continue. I said that I did, hoping that I could find the program this second time. It still didn't show up.

When I look at the file list on my storage card, it is there. However, I can't find anyway to start the program or any listing of it on the PDA except by doing a file search. I wanted to select it to show up on my Today screen, but it doesn't show up as an option for selection.

I have saved the registration number for accessing the software, but I haven't been asked to provide it, as I can't find the software to open it.

Can anyone help me figure out what the heck is going on? Many thanks!
:roll:

Darius Wey
01-09-2005, 04:08 AM
Lynn,

A few questions:

(1) What software is this?
(2) Have you actually installed it? Downloading it and storing it on a card isn't part of the installation process.

LynnPritchard
01-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Good evening! I just responded to your email and then checked this response. As it turns out, you are the only responder, and I do thank you. In answer to your questions, the software is Pocket PC Spam Filter. Also, I had saved the executable file on my desktop (as I believe that you had suggested I do with downloads some time ago), so when I downloaded it to my device, it installed. I have not been asked for the registration code, so I suppose the device recognizes that I've provided that in the past. In any case, it's working, and I'm happy. Many thanks, Darius.

By the way, do you have any reason to have an opinion about the new Samsung i730? I'm crazy about my i700, but I only had the Compaq with which to compare it. If it's not impolitical to respond, which do you consider the best Pocket PC out there now?

Thanks again- :)

Darius Wey
01-10-2005, 04:19 AM
By the way, do you have any reason to have an opinion about the new Samsung i730? I'm crazy about my i700, but I only had the Compaq with which to compare it. If it's not impolitical to respond, which do you consider the best Pocket PC out there now?

At the moment, the i730 hasn't been released so it's hard to formulate an opinion on it, but from what I've seen, it's a nice unit without going too much into the technical detail. Were you after a replacement Pocket PC Phone Edition, or just a standard Pocket PC?

Janak Parekh
01-10-2005, 04:24 AM
By the way, do you have any reason to have an opinion about the new Samsung i730? I'm crazy about my i700, but I only had the Compaq with which to compare it.
(As a former heavy i700 user...) I think the i730 is an exciting device, especially if Verizon releases it with WiFi. (In case you're wondering, I retired my i700 due to its slowly-dying battery and because I found it a bit too slow.)

If it's not impolitical to respond, which do you consider the best Pocket PC out there now?
Well, it depends on if you're looking for a Verizon CDMA-based Pocket PC Phone or a Pocket PC in general. If it's the former, I'd suggest the Audiovox XV-6600 (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35540&highlight=xv6600). I haven't used it yet, but hope to soon. ;)

--janak

LynnPritchard
01-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Good evening! I love my Samsung i700, and it continues to function beautifully for me. However, as someone who loves all things "techie", I'm always interested in what's coming next and the opinions of those who clearly know much more than I do!

I would be looking for a Verizon CDMA-based Pocket PC Phone when the time does come (which is not now). I'll take a look at the Audiovox unit you mentioned for future reference. Many thanks, as always, for your input-