View Full Version : Uninstalling HP update software?

jalm1
01-07-2005, 11:41 PM
a wile back i installed the HP T-Mobile update for my 6315 "HP MiscXIPUpdate" and now i see that same program in my remove programs on the deivce. i am wondering can i remove that program without removing the update to free up space. or if i remove the program will it also remove the update? Thanks.

Darius Wey
01-08-2005, 02:23 AM
a wile back i installed the HP T-Mobile update for my 6315 "HP MiscXIPUpdate" and now i see that same program in my remove programs on the deivce. i am wondering can i remove that program without removing the update to free up space. or if i remove the program will it also remove the update? Thanks.

Whatever appears in Remove Programs will literally remove the program if you uninstall it. So if you remove it, you remove the update too. Of course, at a technical level, some registry settings are left behind and what not, but it won't mean much in terms of how "updated" your device is.

acidcrash
01-27-2005, 02:11 PM
i have uninstalled the xip update from remove programs. it seems to me tht the update is still there in the HP asset viewer.

i guess it only removes the installation program and not the update.