View Full Version : Lost SD Card

blang
01-07-2005, 03:36 PM
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 1gb sd card for my IPAQ 2210. Yesterday, I turned on my PDA and all my games had the windows icons. I looked at the SD slot and it was empty :( It must have popped out. All my games and some important files were on that card! I hope whoever finds it either throws it away or reformats it.

I have a beautiful Vaja case but unfortunately, the SD and CD slots are exposed. I am so depressed.

Menneisyys
01-07-2005, 04:46 PM
:(

indeed, all spring-based slot ejecting mechanisms can have problems like cards popping out. Over there, at (ex-)ClieSource, many Clie users have complained about their MS cards popping out all the time.

PDANEWBIE
01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah really sucks I too have the 22XX series and within a month I had dropped it one time (with the top flap of the case open) and I heard it eject out but for the life of me I could not find it. 1 almost never used 1gb SD card down the tube.

I have 2 wishes for these periphrial compontent slots on the PPC's -

1) "Slot locks" - I envision a small plastic tab you slide over the opening for the SD card covering it half way or even all the way making it so it does not "pop out".

2) Some kind of CF card ejection system. I know for some things that are bulky outwards its okay to grab the end and pull out but the micro drives are a pain to remove as they have no "overhang" and they are in there fairly securely. I was thinking another small slide button that you push up that jostles it out from being nested in there.

BTW anyone reading this and wants to encorperate them into your next design feel free :)

marcm
01-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Ouch... that must be bad... :cry:
I remember once I was on a plane with my X30, and I had the headphones on, connected to my Pocket PC. I went to reach for something, and my hand snagged on the headphone cord. My Pocket PC went flying, and landed hard on the floor. Everything was fine with the Pocket PC, so I went to open a game, but it said the file was missing. Luckily, after searching around the floor in panic, I found my 256MB card. (I now also have 1 GB)
Those few seconds that I was in a panic must be what you're feeling now... :cry: Sorry to hear about your unlucky loss... :cry:

fostermom2
01-08-2005, 03:04 PM
First if all i know how you feel when i lose my cards just around the house i go crazy until i find it so i can imaging how you feel if you lost it on the out side but what i want to tell you is that if you had personal information on it you need to call a cancel the information such as creidt cards banking account number and etc. so that know can take anything from you i even would make a report to the police just in case someone use that information you can have a report on it :!: