View Full Version : Help please w/ dell axim x5;LANGUAGE

Sunny_1
01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I just got a Dell Axim X5 and I have this big problem its in Spanish, what can I do to change the language to english??? PLEASE HELP ME :roll:

Shaun Stuart
01-09-2005, 05:30 PM
I doubt this will work but it might be worth a try - there is a "regional settings" option on all pocket pcs.

On an english language ppc this can be found by selecting Start, Settings and Regional settings (the icon is a picture of the world globe) - you can change the regional setting for each country here - select English press ok and then do a soft reset.

If this does not work then it is likely that you need to do a "rom" upgrade. The OS for a Pocket PC is stored in "rom". You cant buy the "rom" software from anywhere but certain manufacturers (not many) do release upgrades with minor improvements which replace the existing rom software in full - you would need to find a dell axim X5 english version rom upgrade - I suggest you visit the Dell support site /forums and see if anything is available.

Sunny_1
01-10-2005, 07:37 AM
:wink: Well I will try all that you have advised me to..I really appreciate your help..thanks

David Prahl
01-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Also you can download the latest ROM from Dell.com and flash it. That will be in English (if you select it).

Good luck! My X5 is two years old and still running well.