View Full Version : WebIS Mail and mapping IMAP inbox folders

Stephen Beesley
01-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I have already posted a this queary to the WebIS forums, and the the Fastmail.fm forums (the provider I am using) but I thought there might be some IMAP gurus here that might be able to help with a problem I am having trying to map sub folders on the inbox in my mail client.

The email provider I am trying to collect from is Fastmail (http://fastmail.com.au). Going off a quick search of the forums it does not seem that there are many people (if any) on this list that have that set up . Nonetheless, I am hoping that somebody might have an idea what my problem is.

Basically the folder structure I have in Fastmail is something like this:

Inbox
- My Folder 1
Sent Items
Drafts
Trash
Junk Mail
My Folder 2

I have set up the client with the root folder path as "inbox" (with out the quotes of course!) as specified in the faq - but what that then gives me is pretty weird:

Fastmail
Drafts
INBOX
- Drafts
- Inbox
---- My Folder 1
- Junk Mail
- My Folder 2
- Sent Items
- Trash
Inbox
- My folder 1
Junk Mail
Myfolder 2
Sent Items
Trash

Not only has it doubled up on the folders I am after, but I do not seem to be able to download mail in any of the folders other than the top level "inbox" even after subscribing to them. The set up works fine in the standard WM2003 Inbox (which doesn't ask for a root director if I recall correctly).

Very frustrating - I was hoping to use WebIs mail as my main client, but this problem is really making it unworkable. I know it is a long shot, but any help gratefully accepted!

Jereboam
01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I use Runbox and had the same IMAP doubling issue. The issue is not in the latest beta of 2.1 though...at last. I do not specify an INBOX root either...and as much as I understand about IMAP you really should not have to unless you have some uber-sophisticated folder magic going on.

Note that I have not selected my IMAP sub-folders because of ongoing speed issues, preferring to just have my Inbox available when I'm on the road. I have about a dozen folders though...with just one or two it should be fine speed-wise.

J'bm

Stephen Beesley
01-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I use Runbox and had the same IMAP doubling issue. The issue is not in the latest beta of 2.1 though...at last. I do not specify an INBOX root either...and as much as I understand about IMAP you really should not have to unless you have some uber-sophisticated folder magic going on.

Note that I have not selected my IMAP sub-folders because of ongoing speed issues, preferring to just have my Inbox available when I'm on the road. I have about a dozen folders though...with just one or two it should be fine speed-wise.

J'bm

Thanks for the information re: the 2.1 beta. From a couple of replies I have received to my posts on other forums it seems that Runbox must use a very similiar system to Fastmail as others Runbox users have reported similiar problems.

I will have avoided the beta so far, but I will download it tonight and give it a go.

Jereboam
01-06-2005, 10:11 PM
The beta is genuinely better and I have had no problems with it so far. They have some nice new features being implemented for the next beta too, like a 3-pane view and some hefty bugfixes.

Also 2.1 is essential for VGA devices, the new High DPI icons are good-lookin'.

Let me know how you get on, curious now.

J'bm