I have version 2.1 Build 1545 of SPB Pocket Plus. I've just noticed that
I haven't seen a battery indicator in my task bar for some time. I do
have the option enabled, but can get neither a small nor large icon to
appear.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Johpoke
01-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I use the application BatMon 2k2 for this. It is really good. download here: http://www.geoff.org.uk/fognog/batmon2k2.htm

:)

/Johannes

Menneisyys
01-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I have version 2.1 Build 1545 of SPB Pocket Plus. I've just noticed that
I haven't seen a battery indicator in my task bar for some time. I do
have the option enabled, but can get neither a small nor large icon to
appear.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Did you try reinstalling the app? It works with me flawlessly.

nitestrike
01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
I have been running the application for a while now and not have any trouble either. Also I know they are up to version 2.2 that you might want to have installed anyway.

terrypin
01-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have now upgraded to latest version, 2.2, but still no battery indicator in the taskbar! Presumably I should also be able to preview the indicatorin the settings dialog (where you choose Small or Large)? I get no icon there either.

Anyone running iPAQ 2210/2215? On latest ROM version?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Darius Wey
01-05-2005, 03:51 AM
This is a shot in the dark, but you don't have something like Wisbar Advance, or some other taskbar replacement program running, do you? If so, it covers whatever's on the taskbar, battery indicators included.

terrypin
01-05-2005, 10:11 AM
This is a shot in the dark, but you don't have something like Wisbar Advance, or some other taskbar replacement program running, do you? If so, it covers whatever's on the taskbar, battery indicators included.

Thanks, but no, nothing of that sort. And if I stop all other Today items (PocketBreeze, PocketMon, NotesToday), leaving just PocketPlus, still no battery indicator.

Disappointed not to have had any response from my email to SPB 6 days ago.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

nitestrike
01-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling PocketPlus clean (not resetting your iPAQ)?

1.) Go into the settings applet for PocketPlus and backup your settings onto a memory card or someplace other than the PocketPlus folder
2.) I would uninstall it with Activesync, if that is an option.
3.) Soft reset the device
4.) Check in the Remove Applications applet on the iPAQ and uninstall it there
5.) Soft reset the device
6.) Go to the root of the device and then the Program Files folder and see if there is a PocketPlus folder there, delete it there is.
7.) Soft reset the device
8.) Reinstall PocketPlus with all your other Today items turned off

terrypin
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks nitestrike. Just stepped through that word for word, but still no battery indicator ;-(

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
01-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks nitestrike. Just stepped through that word for word, but still no battery indicator ;-(

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

But, after one more soft-reset, it's back! Thanks very much for prompting the full re-installation. Plainly it was very reluctant to show itself again. Can't begin to understand why it took two soft resets!

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

nitestrike
01-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Not a problem, I just had to rebuild my iPAQ yesterday and It was hanging when trying to draw the Today plug-in, and that's how I know about all those steps. Glad to have been of help.