View Full Version : Digital Camera Remote Capture?

brandon1984
01-04-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for a way to do time lapse photography with my Canon 10D. I don't have a laptop, so I'm wondering if there is any software that would allow me to control the camera, not necessarily to capture to the pocket pc, but merely to set an interval to capture at?

If anyone has any info or other methods, please let me know, thanks.

Darius Wey
01-04-2005, 03:38 AM
Are you after a Pocket PC related solution? If not, you might want to try posting this question at our sister site, Digital Media Thoughts (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/) where you might have better luck.

Menneisyys
01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm looking for a way to do time lapse photography with my Canon 10D. I don't have a laptop, so I'm wondering if there is any software that would allow me to control the camera, not necessarily to capture to the pocket pc, but merely to set an interval to capture at?

If anyone has any info or other methods, please let me know, thanks.

What exactly you want to do? To remote control your camera from really far away (that is, via the internet), or just via plain IrDA? There're quite a few IrDA/CIR-compliant PDA's out there; e.g., the Pocket Loox 720.

If you meant controlling the 10D via its serial interface (can't check now whether it really exist - problems of the super-low bandwidth of GPRS), then my answer is: no, AFAIK there're no PPC-based remote controller software for any digicams sporting an RS-232 interface.