View Full Version : X50/v Mugen battery Coming SOON!!!

drop
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Lion Battery (http://etxquc.simplyonline.com/itemdrilldown.cfm?category=PDADEL&exp=BAT%2CPDA&stype=cat&CFID=1069609&CFTOKEN=54964386&item=323)

Item No.: HLI-X50XL
Description: 2200 MAH EXTENDED BATTERY FOR DELL AXIM X50/X50v HANDHELDS
UOM: EACH
Price: US$ 62.95

Notes:
>>> COMING SOON! <<< Brand new enhanced capacity battery. Fits Dell X50 & X50v series PPC's. 3.7V, 2200mAh Lithium Ion Color: Black Comes with battery cover for back of PDA. Also fits the battery charging slot on the back of your cradle. (Made by Mugen Power.) (Picture is for illustration purposes only. Does not represent actual product.)

http://etxquc.simplyonline.com/media/310-5965.jpg

It looks big, doesn't it. But let's wait for the official dimensions.

MPSmith
01-04-2005, 02:56 AM
This has been on their site for a few weeks. The photo is of the Dell extended battery (see the logo?)

I hope that they can make a 2200 mAh battery fit in the standard case, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it. Maybe 1100 or 1200 mAh, but probably not more.

nategesner
01-04-2005, 06:37 AM
I keep seeing people post about these batteries. Are they expected to be last longer but take up the same space as the OEM battery? Everyone talks as if this is going to be a great deal, but unless the battery fits in the standard battery compartment and carries a longer life, I don't see any purpose.

Anyone have experience with their products so we can know what to expect when this thing comes out?

drop
01-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Lion clearly stated "(Picture is for illustration purposes only. Does not represent actual product.) ", so we need to wait for the official words.

Here is my experience: if you don't see the purpose of a much-anticipated/commented/debated product, then save your money. Each user has his or her own usage. I know of the Mugen battery since X5 day but couldn't justify the cost to my usage. Now I do :wink: .

No one knows about this X50/v replacement battery yet. So, can't answer your question, nategesner. Search for it you would find many general comments on Mugen's previous products.

nategesner
01-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I guess that's what caused my confusion: everyone is talking about this great battery, but nobody seems to know what is so special about it.

I went to the web site and looked at their battery for the HP 2215, since I have one of those. WOW!!! They have a 2200mAh battery for $62.95 that fits inside the 2215. More than twice the battery power and it doesn't take up any extra space? THAT IS AMAZING!

If you are a user of other Lion batteries, please post your experience here. If they truly pack that much power into the size of a standard battery, I'll be picking one up the day they come out!

Sven Johannsen
01-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Comes with battery cover for back of PDA.

Why do you suppose that is? Maybe because the new one doesn't fit under the stock cover?

I understand Mugen batteries do have better power/density ratios and so their 2200mAh battery may be smaller than Dell's, but it still likely won't fit under the stock cover. The biggest drawback to me is that the aftermarket case manufacturers don't seem to want to accomodate these extended batteries. They existed for my Jornada, my X5, 2215, 4155, X50 etc, both OEM and third party. Rarely could you find a decent case that supported the batteries. Even Vaja, where you pay $100 for essentially a custom made case, doesn't have an option for deeper batteries. I just buy a second regular battery and swap. Most every PPC cradle these days, supports charging a second battery outside the PPC.

ADBrown
01-04-2005, 06:34 PM
The batteries that Mugen are currently listing are the same as the Dell extended battery. To my knowledge, Mugen is still working on their battery versions for the X50/X50v models.

nategesner, yes, the idea is that Mugen plans to make batteries which take up the same space as the original but last longer. It's generally expected that they're actually going to have a couple of batteries, one on the same size as the Dell standard battery, one in the same size as the Dell extended battery, both of which carry more power than the originals. How much more is yet to be determined.

entropy1980
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
1300 or 1400 mah would be the sweet spot for me and I think they should be able to get that in the same space *hopes* :)

TMann
01-04-2005, 11:10 PM
I keep seeing people post about these batteries. Are they expected to be last longer but take up the same space as the OEM battery?

I had a Mugen extended battery for my Toshiba e805. It was just over a millimeter deeper than the standard battery, so it fit inside most of the standard leather cases. If Mugen can do the same with the x50v, then I'll buy it in a second. However if the battery is too big to fit into my Sena case, then I'm going to just keep using my Dell with an extra standard batteries.

TMann

Sven Johannsen
01-04-2005, 11:14 PM
[ If Mugen can do the same with the x50v, then I'll buy it in a second. However if the battery is too big to fit into my Sena case, .

Have you got your SENA for the X50 already? Mine was pre-ordered and it would nice to know they are shipping.

TMann
01-05-2005, 01:40 AM
If Mugen can do the same with the x50v, then I'll buy it in a second. However if the battery is too big to fit into my Sena case, .

Have you got your SENA for the X50 already? Mine was pre-ordered and it would nice to know they are shipping.

Sven, I got mine yesterday. (They didn't send me an e-mail saying it had shipped.) See this link (http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=f86efab6b631d9b19772076cd506c0ec&threadid=113673) for pics. (They're at the end of the thread.)

TMann

MROX
01-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Does Mugen have a web site?
Or it's only a type of battery?
Made by who then?

Thx!

Sven Johannsen
01-05-2005, 04:24 AM
If Mugen can do the same with the x50v, then I'll buy it in a second. However if the battery is too big to fit into my Sena case, .

Sven, I got mine yesterday. (They didn't send me an e-mail saying it had shipped.) See this link (http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=f86efab6b631d9b19772076cd506c0ec&threadid=113673) for pics. (They're at the end of the thread.)

TMann

Thanks, mine was in the mail when I got home. Nice as usual for SENA. I was surprised that the cover wasn't a bit more rounded at the bottom. My SENA for my 4155 conforms to the bottom curve very nicely.

TMann
01-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Does Mugen have a web site?
Or it's only a type of battery?
Made by who then?

Thx!

I believe that Mugen is the company that manufactures the battery. It is sold by the Lion Battery company, (click here (http://www.lionbattery.com/pages/1/index.htm) for their website.)

TMann

ChildOfThe60s
01-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Actually, I read somewhere (probably CNet or Epinions) that the extended battery that's currently available extends beyond the unit and therefore the unit usually can't stay in it's case (of user's choice) while the extended battery is attached. I'd guess, as another poster mentioned, that that's why it comes with a door of it's own.

MROX
02-09-2005, 06:02 AM
I guess there won't be any battery with more mAh for a same size.

PDA Battery (Dell Axim X50/X50V - extended size)
Replacement battery (3.7 volts and 2000mAh)
PDA Battery (Dell Axim X50/X50V - standard size)
Replacement battery (3.7 volts and 1100mAh)
About 45 and 65$ each. No big deal eather.

(assuming this picture is not the good one for the X50/v... since we can see " for ipaq")
http://www.proporta.com/F03/i/37xx_battery.jpg

If i buy a extended size battery, does it fit in the original ugly Dell case???
(Don't get hurt, I'm using it every day... ;) )