View Full Version : help i want to buy a new ppc. is i-mate jam a good choice

okanrua
01-03-2005, 08:55 AM
i want to buy a new ppc. it will be an i-mate jam or a pocket loox 720. i am currently an ipaq 2210 user. i want a ppc phone eddition. this is my first choice. but my doubt about the phone specs. is it enough. what about loox 720. pls help.

okanrua
01-03-2005, 02:49 PM
anybody?

Menneisyys
01-03-2005, 02:59 PM
i want to buy a new ppc. it will be an i-mate jam or a pocket loox 720. i am currently an ipaq 2210 user. i want a ppc phone eddition. this is my first choice. but my doubt about the phone specs. is it enough. what about loox 720. pls help.

The PL720 is NOT a PE (Phone Edition) device. Definitely not the same league as the Jam - it's meant for serious ("geek") PDA power-users. The Jam is a very good phone with sometimes very limited PDA capabilities (e.g., the BT stack is Microsoft, not the industry-standard Widcomm, so it has a lot of shortcomings and problems), definitely not for hi-tech tech freaks.

IMHO the best solution as long as there're no VGA PE devices on the market is a hi-end VGA PDA and a(n even cheap) BT phone; perferably a Nokia or a Sony-Ericsson (I recommend the T610 - pretty cheap, but excellent).

As you're in Turkey and AFAIK Turkey has a no-customs-for-European-products relationship with the EU, give a try to Pocket Loox 720 - as in other European countries, it must be the cheapest VGA device available.

okanrua
01-03-2005, 04:51 PM
thanks for reply.

i don't play action games with my ppc and i don't watch movies as well. i am a heavily pim user and also some softwares such as finance managers , calculators, note taking softwares... as u see i am not a geek. is i mate enough for me. what do you mean by saying : it has some problems with pocket pc specs...

Menneisyys
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks for reply.

i don't play action games with my ppc and i don't watch movies as well. i am a heavily pim user and also some softwares such as finance managers , calculators, note taking softwares... as u see i am not a geek.
is i mate enough for me.

Well, for PIM functions, Jam is perfectly OK.

what do you mean by saying : it has some problems with pocket pc specs...

I meant its incompatibility with, say, the Dell (=StowAway, see http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30297 ) BT keyboard, just to name some really bad pain in the back. See more at, e.g., http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36115