View Full Version : Help: Ideas for sync with palm/ppc user

av8instyle
01-03-2005, 07:29 AM
I have an XV6600 and my wife will have a Palm M125 in about 2 days (don't ask). We use Outlook 2002 and what we want to accomplish is for me to sync everything of my ppc with Outlook and for her to just sync contacts. Anyone have this issue? I guess a way to solve it would be to have her sync once with outlook to get all the contacts, then sync with the palm desktop software, then change her tasks and calendar as appropriate and just continue to sync with palm and manually type her contact changes into Outlook so we both have those. That would mean I would also have to manually type in my contact changes to the palm desktop. That doesn't sound like an ideal solution. Has anyone here had to deal with this and come up with a good solution?
Thanks in advance, av8

Menneisyys
01-03-2005, 10:02 AM
I have an XV6600 and my wife will have a Palm M125 in about 2 days (don't ask). We use Outlook 2002 and what we want to accomplish is for me to sync everything of my ppc with Outlook and for her to just sync contacts. Anyone have this issue? I guess a way to solve it would be to have her sync once with outlook to get all the contacts, then sync with the palm desktop software, then change her tasks and calendar as appropriate and just continue to sync with palm and manually type her contact changes into Outlook so we both have those. That would mean I would also have to manually type in my contact changes to the palm desktop. That doesn't sound like an ideal solution. Has anyone here had to deal with this and come up with a good solution?
Thanks in advance, av8

It's much easier to forget Palm Dekstop altgether and use a third-party tool to synch between Outlook and the Palm. Use, for example, PocketMirror Standard (version XT doesn't support older Palm models any more) for this: http://www.chapura.com/pm_standard.php