View Full Version : Ebay - what machine for $200cdn. ?

jim_millington
01-02-2005, 02:22 AM
I am more familiar with Toshiba and Dell PDA's and was checking out iPAQ's. There are so many numbers and models i am lost. What type / model# of machine should i expect for $200 cdn or what machines should i avoid.

thanks
jim

bigkingfun
01-02-2005, 05:19 AM
I just took a quick look at some of the recently completed eBay.ca listings between $150 and $250. There are quite a few models listed that are quite capable. The iPAQ 194x is a nice compact model that is quite capable. I also saw a couple of 221x models in this range. This is also a great unit, especially if you want both CF and SD slots.

There were also some Toshiba e740's in that range, which I was quite happy with when I had one. It is also a dual-slot model if I remember correctly, but has no bluetooth - only wifi. (The 194x and 221x iPAQs are Bluetooth only, no wifi).

I would stay away from the earlier iPAQs like the 3800 series because they run the older processor. I would also stay away from the new rz1715, which seem to fall in this price range, as they're severely underpowered even though they're a relatively new model.

Brad Adrian
01-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Even with its problems, the 2215 has always been a favorite device of mine, mostly because of the flexibilty provided by the dual card slots. I can use the SD for apps and the CF for large movie and music files.

A lot depends on what other features you need, such as Bluetooth and/or WiFi. At this point, I'll never buy another device that doesn't have both.

Ripper014
01-02-2005, 08:02 PM
I agree with most of what is being said... at $200can... if you can get a Hp2200 series device... or a Hp1940 you are doing well...

The Toshiba e750 series would be another good choice if you can get it... I personally would stay away from the e740...