View Full Version : h6315 email attachment update problem

rwin
01-02-2005, 01:46 AM
Tried to install the t-mobile update to fix the email attachment problem but encountered error: "Failed to load control 'RichText Box' from RICHTX32.OCX. Your version of RICHTX32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application" Tech support ran me through updating my desktop WinXP cab file update indicating that the problem is with Win XP Home and not the ipaq. When it still didn't work he suggested trying it on another computer. So I tried on another computer with WinXP Pro. Still same error. Then tried hard reset. Same problem. Both computers have service pack 2 installed.

Anybody else have this problem or a solution?

I suspect I'll just have to replace this one.

The tech did indicate there is a "large update" coming in the next couple of months for the h6315 but not sure if this problem is addressed.

dwhitelaw
01-03-2005, 03:37 AM
I had the same problem. Our friends at HTTP Mail helped me out.

I have the fix, but I am not responsible if something goes wrong, so backup your stuff.
First Try:
On your desktop click Start -> Run, type cmd and click OK. At the command window type cd c:\Windows\System32 and press enter. If it says "The system cannot find the path specified" type c:\WINNT\System32 and press enter. Type regsvr32 richtx32.ocx and press enter. It should pop-up a window saying if it was successful. If it succeeded try the update again.

This did not work for me, but the following did:

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type cmd, and then press ENTER.

Make sure you are at C:, not at C:\ Documents and Settings\ yournamehere, or C:\Windows or something.
Use CD C:\ and enter to get to C:.

At the command prompt(C:), type regsvr32 /u Richtx32.ocx, and then press ENTER.

This will unregister it and you should be able to run past it.
Try the update again.

Good Luck

rwin
01-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the tips.

I resolved the issue by digging around in the system32 windows file and noted my RICHTX32.OCX file was dated 2000 and the newer version from microsoft database was 2004. T-mobile wireless tech support got close but instructed me to update the RICHTX32.inf file but the real fix came by using RICHTX32.OCX file instead.

Thanks again.