View Full Version : Weird Entries in registry: is it virus?

lanwarrior
01-01-2005, 11:04 PM
In my hx4705, I have an entry in the regitry called M$oft2k. Does anyone know what this is?

Menneisyys
01-01-2005, 11:22 PM
In my hx4705, I have an entry in the regitry called MSoft2k. Does anyone know what this is?

As for being a virus: highly unlikely. There're almost no WinCE/PPC virii.

I don't really know which app created this key - Google has only reported it being used in some HTML markups as an abbreviation for MS Windows 2000. So, feel free to copy here the entire key. In order to avoid copying by hand a lot, step on the uppermost, still relevant reg. key (e.g.,MSoft2k) and choose Export from the pop-up menu, assuming you're using Resco Registry Editor. Then, just copy the key from the generated export file here.

You could also list the programs you've installed on your hx so that we can guess if the contents of the key export isn't informative enough; also, don't type them in one-by-one, but copy all the *.unload files from your PDA Windows directory to a desktop folder and isssue the dir >somefile command to store their dirlist in a file.

jimski
01-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Just checked my hx4705, with quite a few third party apps, and found no reference to MSoft2k anywhere in my registry, so I would assume it is related to a specific app or action.

Darius Wey
01-02-2005, 06:01 AM
In my hx4705, I have an entry in the regitry called MSoft2k. Does anyone know what this is?

Can you provide a direct registry path for us?

e.g. \HKLM\Blah\Blah\Blah

ctmagnus
01-02-2005, 06:39 AM
I have a M$oft2k at HKLM\M$oft2k , the contents of which are

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\M$oft2k]
"Ext"=dword:07D40B15

I also have PocketClock by Megasoft2000 installed, so that's probably related.

Note that the S's in all instances of MSoft2k are supposed to be $s (dollar signs) but the forums software munged them.