View Full Version : How do i make sure i don't connect to GPRS?

HexiumVII
12-31-2004, 08:58 AM
I have a SX66 with cingular and just have a phone plan. I don't plan on ever getting data as at home and school i have wifi. How do i make sure i never use cingulars network for data so i don't get suprise charges?

spacerace
01-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Well try and get online first of all and see if your GPRS settings are pre-configured. If it doesn't work, then no problem, if it does work then simply trash all the settings for GPRS connections and you can rest safe in the knowledge that the phone can't get online even if it wanted to...

Menneisyys
01-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I have a SX66 with cingular and just have a phone plan. I don't plan on ever getting data as at home and school i have wifi. How do i make sure i never use cingulars network for data so i don't get suprise charges?

In your data account settings, just modify the APN by e.g. adding any letter to its name. You can also completely delete the given data account, but then, you'll have to do some more typing when, for some reason, you still want to use it. The latter is unnecessary: if the APN is wrong, the phone won't be able to connect with GPRS and, therefore, you won't be charged.