View Full Version : RX3115 IPAQ--E-mail Sending issue!

potus2024
12-30-2004, 05:58 PM
I recently got an IPAQ RX3115 Media Companion and love it!

I only have one problem....I have it set up with all my ISP accout information and I can receive E-mail on outlook on my IPAQ and canalso browse the Internet without a problem.

However, when I try to send an E-mail from my POP3 accout I created, it will not send. It goes to the Outbox and sits and I get an error message saying the message could not be sent, check for network connection or account settings.

Well, my account settings ARE Correct..same as on my desktop and verified by my ISP.

I am accessing my ISP through a Belkin wireless 802.11b router. My ISP says they have notying on thier system that would prevent me form sending E-mail from a handheld device...no settings to change they claim..after two phone calls.

A call to Belkin tech support stated if I am able to receive E-mail and browse the Internet, there are no settings to change and it is nothing with the router!

And, of course, HP tech support says it is either my ISP, router, because their product works (and to verify that, I even took the one back to Best Buy and exchanged it after they could not explain what was going on here!).

To top it off, I have a laptop with Windows 98 and a wireless 802.11b connection (just as my handheld) and I can send and receive E-mail through Outlook through the same wireless router system just fine. I have even compared settings between the laptop and and my handheld and they appear the same!

My ISP claims there is no need for authentication, or SSL connection....but others told me to try that...when I check those, then I get an error message that I cannot receive, or send! What a mess!

Anyone got an idea what I can do, or should I just forget having a pocket PC for my home and take it back for a refund...or another brand/

Thanks,

Steven Ray

Vincent M Ferrari
12-30-2004, 06:31 PM
I had the same problem with my cable modem with my Axim when I had it. Turns out I had to disable authentication on the outgoing server, even though it required it. It worked 100% flawlessly after that.

Give that a try. Even though it may require it, your smtp may work without authentication. Worked for me...

Edit
Or turn it on if it isn't already despite your ISP saying you don't need it. I meant to type that part originally and forgot to.

Andy Whiteford
12-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Can you list all your email settings here apart from your password. Maybe we will be able to identify something that doesn't look correct or you may even notice it yourself after noting it down.

Paragon
12-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Hmmm...checking server requires authentication should fix this. There are services such as http://www.smtp.com/ that may fix this for you if nothing else does. It's fee based but it isn't to costly. Maybe try it for a short time to see if it works. It will at least get you up and going, and in the meantime you may find a fix for the problem.

Dave