View Full Version : Need advice Basic problem

MTHall47
12-30-2004, 01:57 AM
When I download a program to the desktop I open the explore function on Active Synch, then drag and drop the program to my Axim X5.
The problem is that the programs keep ending up in the program files folder instead of the programs section from where I just click on the icon and the program opens. When I tap on any program in the program files folder nothing happens.

HOW do I get the programs in the program files section transferred to the programs tab??

Thanks very much :roll:

emuelle1
12-30-2004, 02:04 AM
What I find works on my Ipaq is to right-click cut and paste from my Desktop to the My Documents folder on the Pocket PC. Then I initialize it, unless it's a program that needs to have setup.exe run on the PC.

surur
12-30-2004, 02:31 AM
Most programs install from the desktop. You run them on your desktop, and they will automatically be installed on your axim. No dragging or anything involved, and it will automatically show in your Programs menu on your axim.

Some small freeware apps may require you to copy the file over to your axim (as you described). You then have to execute them on your axim by finding them with the file explorer and double tapping them.

Some of these freeware programs may not create a shortcut to your Programs menu. What you need to do then is find them with file explorer on your axim, choose create a shortcut, and then copy the shortcut to your windows/start menu/programs folder.

You can avoid all this by using commercial software, which should have all these problems sorted, and have a proper installer.

What software are you trying to install?

Surur

Menneisyys
12-30-2004, 07:33 AM
What you need to do then is find them with file explorer on your axim, choose create a shortcut, and then copy the shortcut to your windows/start menu/programs folder.

That is, choose Copy on the newly-copied file, and then, after navigating to \Windows\Start menu\Program, choose Paste Shortcut.