View Full Version : How can I decrease the storage memory and increase the program memory?

Eendje
12-29-2004, 05:26 PM
I have just gotten a MIO 168 for Xmas with a 1Gb SD card and have been playing with it ever since. Now I'm trying to do a few things and as soon as I copy a file over 225 MB I can't copy it to the Storage Card because it says I don't have enough memory. This isn't exactly correct because the entire SD card is empty.

My thoughts are that I have to increase the RAM used for Programs but the slider keeps popping back to it's original state, I want to lock it into place on the left side (enabling more Program memory and less Storage Memory) but I don't know how it is done or if it's even possible.

I have three questions in this:

1) how can I copy big files to my Pocket PC without getting the "Memory
is low, please shut down all programs" while everything is already
closed except the link program.
2) Is it possible to lock the Storage-Program memory slider? If so:
3) How can I achieve this or how can I tweak it?

Thanks in advance.

Menneisyys
12-29-2004, 05:37 PM
I have just gotten a MIO 168 for Xmas with a 1Gb SD card and have been playing with it ever since. Now I'm trying to do a few things and as soon as I copy a file over 225 MB I can't copy it to the Storage Card because it says I don't have enough memory. This isn't exactly correct because the entire SD card is empty.

My thoughts are that I have to increase the RAM used for Programs but the slider keeps popping back to it's original state, I want to lock it into place on the left side (enabling more Program memory and less Storage Memory) but I don't know how it is done or if it's even possible.

I have three questions in this:

1) how can I copy big files to my Pocket PC without getting the "Memory
is low, please shut down all programs" while everything is already
closed except the link program.
2) Is it possible to lock the Storage-Program memory slider? If so:
3) How can I achieve this or how can I tweak it?

Thanks in advance.

1, get a USB2 card writer/reader, they are really cheap (around 10-15 bucks) and orders of magnitude faster/better than ActiveSync-based file transfer.

2, you can set the memory slider in a way that you leave some 15-20% free for the storage memory. THEN it won't go back in the middle. However, I don't think it'll cure your file transfer-related problem.