View Full Version : Hands free voice dialling from Xda2s (Windows Mobile 2003)

martin_ayton
12-29-2004, 11:26 AM
The O2 Xda2s ships with Fonix VoiceDial software on a separate CD. I have installed this and am impressed with its ability to recognise my voice commands with no coaching... BUT... I cannot get the thing to fire up using the button on the (wired) headset supplied with the Xda2s OR with the button on my Jabra BT250v bluetooth headset.

That means that any time I want to make a call using voice dialling, I have to start the voicedial software with the stylus from the Xda screen. Doesn't that rather defeat the object of voice dialling? If I have to have the thing in my hand anyway, I may as well dial manually: it's faster and more accurate. If I can't start the voicedial software from the headset, then I can't use it on the street or in the car, which makes it nothing more than a totally useless gimmick.

Please could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? How do I activate the voice dialling from my headset?

koppee1
01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
i haven't tried that voice software that you mentioned but I have tried microsoft's voice command which works the same way. Try going to your settings and "buttons" and change one of the buttons to run the voice program of yours :)