View Full Version : Newbie - seeking help in how to use new HP iPAQ rz 1700 series

Oreo
12-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Have wanted a pocket pc for a long time & Santa was good to me & now I have my HP iPAQ rz1700 series & just love it.

I'm seeking helpful assistance on routine use of this .. am used to a windows based environment & have figured out a lot of the stuff myself, but am looking for practical information, such as: saving files, transferring files from my pc to the handheld, download music to store & play later, that sort of thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've gone to an on-line tutorial, helpful, but not everying listed there.

Just don't want to shell put $35 for a "dummie" book ...

thank you

:?

Menneisyys
12-28-2004, 08:25 PM
am looking for practical information, such as: saving files, transferring files from my pc to the handheld, download music to store & play later, that sort of thing.

If you use Total Commander on the desktop, prolly the best way to do all these three activities is downloading and installing (read the readme.txt inside!) http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/wincefs.zip . After that, you'll able to see the file system of your PDA from inside Total Commander as if it were a network drive and can transfer files from/to it.

If you aren't using Total Commander, you can freely press the 'Explore' button on the ActiveSync window (again, only when it's active) and in the Windows File Explorer, you can copy/paste files from/to the machine.

As for media files, only put them on a storage card because of the - to put it mildly - meager main memory of the 17xx.

Jason Dunn
12-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts! :-D

You'll find people here are very helpful, but you'll need to ask specific questions, and often a post with 3+ questions in it takes too long for others to answer. So here's my suggestion: over the next few days, post one specific question per day and you'll likely get them all answered. :-)

Oreo
12-29-2004, 12:48 AM
thank you for the replies & I'll list questions in future ..