View Full Version : Amazing customer support at dell.... for me at least

jpo424
12-28-2004, 06:37 PM
this christmas i was crushed to find out that my x50v's secure digital reader was messed up. on sunday i called up dell and they tolds me they would send a replacement unit right away. Today airborn exress came and deliveered two boxes. I opened the boxes and dell had sent me two axims and a handwrittin letter telling me to check them both out and pick the one that is best. Make sure everything works and send the other, and the defective unit, back in the packaging. Happy Holidays!!

It must be that Christmas spirit :) :D

webdaemon
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Wow! Dell must be trying to overcome their poor customer service reputation.

Darius Wey
12-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Wow! Dell must be trying to overcome their poor customer service reputation.

This is definitely region-specific. All my dealings with Dell Customer Service have been nothing short of fantastic.

kozak
12-30-2004, 06:31 AM
I've also had good support from dell. One of my LCD monitor was acting weird (looked like degaussing). Called them up, next day had a brand new monitor arrive with a return labled box.

carphead
12-30-2004, 04:45 PM
I've also got a bit of good Dell story.

I ordered my X50v with various freebies (including a Audiovox GPRS/GSM Card) and some extras (PSU, Warrenty etc) on the 28/12. Which is a bank/public holiday here.

My normal day to day dealings with Dell are okay for corp buying of PC/Server/Printers etc but the delivery is poor. But this is a personel purchase so I guessed it would be a bit quicker as it's not a custom build just a case of picking off a shelf and shoving it in a box. So when the website said 7/1 I wasn't to bothered as it's two days after my birthday and this was a present to myself (wife and kids to tight to buy it for me :()

But my wife had a phone call to tell me they're going to deliver tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Now if I could just get a car cradle by then as well :)

rspellmann
06-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I bought my first PDA on EBAY - a AXIM X30 small. The SD card slot did not work. Called Dell support just hoping. After trying a few things the tech guided me to a hard reset. It would not power up again! I thought, 'Great!'. I figured it was my loss - I did not buy from Dell. I asked the tech if there was anything I could do. He said no, he would send a new one. Ask me if I'm loyal to Dell. I'm typing (tapping) this on my 2nd PDA - a X50V directly from Dell. I'm watching/hoping for a phone PDA from Dell.