View Full Version : Maybe I`ll ring a Dell for Chistmas with 128 ram? (take2)

MROX
12-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Hi, after 3 turkey and so many meat pie, it's time for me to go back to serious matter. :wink:

-I was wandering if anyone is aware about shipping delay for a x50v in Canada? I heard there was a big problem with shipping. Is it true?

-I also read in another forum, that Dell should release a new version of X50v with 128 ram. Did anybody heard about that story?

(Ya, I'm still looking for my dream PPC. I'm changing my mind every 2 days.
The sure thing is, that it will be VGA. (I'm dreaming of a hx4700 without touchpad, a A730w without camera, a Dell with a better screen or a e830 who doesn't look and weight like my laptop.) But Dell is a serious candidate.)

:) Merry Christmas!!! :)

surur
12-28-2004, 11:04 AM
The sure thing is, that it will be VGA. (I'm dreaming of a hx4700 without touchpad, a A730w without camera, a Dell with a better screen or a e830 who doesn't look and weight like my laptop.) But Dell is a serious candidate.)

Hey! What did the Loox do to deserve not being mentioned?

Surur

Menneisyys
12-28-2004, 11:36 AM

Hey! What did the Loox do to deserve not being mentioned?

Surur

Yeah, MROX, get the Loox 720 or an Asus 730W or the e830, it's pretty fruitless to wait for someting that may come only in the distant future (say, late 2005 with the new WM2005), if at all.

MROX
12-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Of course Loox deserve to be mention.
I'm just trying to avoid wrighting that brand name. It break my heart everytime a little more. (I live in Canada... And I don't feel like going into all the trouble to import.) :bawl:

I can't wait for new PPC to go out. I think it's a good time to buy anyway.
I saw the e830. Yes it's a nice machine, and it's cheap. But so big!
In fact, it's cheaper than the X50v! (e830 540$can, X50v 624$can) (I couldn't get one of those 25% reduction code that work yet).

Still, if I can order and receive a X50v(wich is smaller) in short time, I might go for it. But I don't know if it's still true that Dell don't deliver in reasonable time. ??? Maybe a A730w... but if one of my customer decide I can't go in with my PPC(because of the camere), I'm doom.

Menneisyys
12-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Maybe a A730w... but if one of my customer decide I can't go in with my PPC(because of the camere), I'm doom.

Put some tape on the camera while at the customer so that he/she doesn't notice it :)

MROX
12-29-2004, 09:34 PM
-I was wandering if anyone is aware about shipping delay for a x50v in Canada? I heard there was a big problem with shipping. Is it true?
After a little argument with a Dell rep. (I told him to cut the 7-10 delivery days crap), I learned that the delivery (in Montreal, Canada) is about 20 work days. That mean a month... Ouch.

-I also read in another forum, that Dell should release a new version of X50v with 128 ram. Did anybody heard about that story?
I couldn't get any information about that.

Menneisyys
12-29-2004, 09:37 PM

Well, seeing is believing. There were rumors of a hx4800 as well (a 4700 with built-in camera & 128M RAM) and then, they turned to be false.

IMHO get a VGA PPC now - it's useless to wait for devices that are likely to never come.

MROX
01-07-2005, 03:26 AM
Just FYI, I ordered my X50V the 31 of December, and the Purolator service was knocking at my door today 6 January. (Of course I wasn't there...)

Tomorow I'll get it!!!!! :clap: :rock on dude!:

And for the 128 ram on the X50V, like Menneisyys say "seeing is believing"...