View Full Version : betaplayer..maybe better but how do I sync videos now??

Jaknstylz
12-28-2004, 12:21 AM
I have purchased a new pocket pc (ipaq 3115) and I want to get more out of it. I downoladed betaplayer since its reviews were great. I synced my computer to the PDA to put some short 2-3 MB clips on it thru media windows media player..it worked before but since the betaplayer is installed everytime i try to sync something to the SD card it displays:
err: windows media player cannot convert the file...I tried to delete the betaplayer then..no such luck....am I screwed?

Sven Johannsen
12-28-2004, 12:54 AM
I don't think you are screwed, but maybe you will be pi$$ed. I would suggest a hard reset on the PPC to get it back to factory settings.

I can only assume that installing BetaPlayer on the device, left some registry entries that now are confusing the MP10 to Mobile Media Player 10 translation feature.

I'm sure BetaPlayer is a wonderful app but it's primary reason for being is to play videos that MP doesn't play. Now that WMP10 will convert most any of those formats to wmv for play on the PPC automatically , and fairly effectively IMHO, it may not be as neccessary.

picard
12-30-2004, 06:12 PM
it worked before but since the betaplayer is installed everytime i try to sync something to the SD card it displays:
err: windows media player cannot convert the file...I tried to delete the betaplayer then..no such luck....am I screwed?
To only thing I can think of that could effect this is the file associations, but BetaPlayer doesn't change them by default. Did you set them in BetaPlayer's settings dialog? Unfortunatelly the file associations are not restored after BetaPlayer uninstall. You should install the player again and uncheck them in settings.