View Full Version : Downloading music directly

khoss
12-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi All,
I'd appreciate any information or opinions on options for purchasing music on-line as wanted and downloading directly into my PocketPC (Samsung i700). So far I've found that there is a required subscription or special software or both needed to do downloads. I just want to buy a track and download to my PocketPC, no PC or CD involved. I regularly do this with ebooks both from vendors and the New York Public Library. If absolutely forced to use a PC to load software as an example I choose "guest" in ActiveSync - I have no partnership with any PC and don't want any. Any ideas would be welcome.
Regards,
Kurt

surur
12-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Ha! you stumped me for a second, but of course what you really need is music thats not DRM encumbered, but that you still pay for:

Solution: http://www.allofmp3.com/index2.shtml

I believe you can manage the whole thing via a web browser. Im not sure PIE is completely capable, but it may be. Of course many people say you may as well use kazaa as very little money makes its way back to the musicians, but at least the RIAA cant sue you for using P2P.

Your position is quite fanatical of course. Im surprised you have posted so little :)

Surur

khoss
12-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Hi,
Thanks for help but I'm rather ignorant about the protection schemes used for music. All the ebooks I have are DRM but MS Reader or Mobipocket reader can be activated to use these. I had assumed there would be something like that for music.
I am sick of the idea that pocket pc is some sort of mini-me of the personal computer . I feel it is a platform unto itself and capable of doing many things that no other device can. I want to be able to download files of all kinds, install programs and send/receive faxes and there is NO technical reason I can't.
End of rant:-)
Regards
Kurt

ctmagnus
12-28-2004, 02:48 AM
Along the same lines, has anyone else tried installing MindManager X5 to their Pocket PC without the desktop client installed? :crazyeyes: :bangin: