View Full Version : MDA III/PDA2K/Blue Angel won't toggle the screen off with WMP9

Ed Hansberry
12-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Has anyone seen this? I set WMP9 to toggle the screen off when I press a button to save battery life.

Pressing the button causes the screen to go off, then come right back on. :confused totally: Clues? :helpme:

Ed Hansberry
12-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Figured it out, sort of. I tried the OK button first and that exhibited the strange behavior. I then tried the CALENDAR button. Same thing, but in fooling with it I noticed that if I pressed and held the button it would stay off. Releasing the button would cause the screen to come back on, so it is as if the button is doing two activations - one down and one up. :?

Fortunately, the RECORD button on the left doesn't malfunction that way and it is allowing me to disable the screen. :)

Pat Logsdon
12-27-2004, 07:40 PM
I noticed the same "half" behaviour with mine while trying PocketNester. If an action is assigned to one of the 4 buttons on the bottom, it will perform "half" of the action. For example, I mapped the jump key to the OK button, and the character in the game jumped up in the air and froze. When I hit it again, he came back down. Weird. Fortunately, the keyboard buttons can be mapped normally. :twisted: